Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Marcy

glstrife

Due to some legal concern or other, the Strife source code is unable to be released, and as a result any support for the game is being worked backwards from the final product to new source code step by step.

Huh? Isn't that called Reverse Engineering.
And If so I recall that being ILLEGAL!

But, if not then cool
Bring it on. Now I gotta get a copy of strife.
:)

GASP! You don't OWN it? :) I bought mine years ago in a bargain bin. Even got the groovy map with it.

<< Due to some legal concern or other, the Strife source code is unable to be released >>

Actually, I'd heard that they'd lost it :)

hehehe... that would be funny in an interview:

Interviewer: So, have have you ever thought of releasing the source for Strife to the public.

Velocity: I was just thinking about that today. Now where's that disk... Here we go! Oh wait, that's an old Excel spreadsheet. This one? Nope, PacMan clone. Where is that dang thing? I only used it 6 years ago... (to the interviewer) Oh you're still here! Um... No comment...

Well I remember seeing it when it came out but I never bought it.
And I haven't seen it anywhere.
I would like a copy too.
If it's that good
Maybe I could get it via the W word.
hmm

The Developers might have lost the source!
Lose the source code?

Hah hah hah.
That would be funny
oh well.

Actually, Strife was a brilliant game. Well worth the price (which you can probably find now on E-bay or something for a couple of dollars). An excellent game.

Strife is an incredible game. Probably the first of it's kind. It was a first-person-shooter/role-playing (but more on the first person side). The thing about this is that not only does it have story, but it has a huge world à la Final Fantasy (not as big though). The game also works like Half-Life (no level maps, but instead you move from one area to the other smoothly and you can always revisit everything). You'd have to play the demo to see what I mean, but the whole game is very big with two endings. You got a good 15+ hours of gameplay in this. This is a real good game. You can find this on E-bay for $5-10. If you like to play doom over and over, this is a game you must play. Plus the flamethrower effects are cool.