Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scythe_Doomer

WEAPON???????

What is your favorite weapon in ST?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite weapon in ST?

• Grenade Launcher
    • Shotgun
    • Super Shotgun
    • Minigun
    • Chaingun
    • Plasma gun
    • Railgun
    • BFG9000
    • BFG10K
    • Rocket Launcher

Epistax said:

super shotgun.. cuz I can beat most peeps with it, with it.

Haha the SSG is a Doom2 weapon not a ST one.
Minigun. Fast and Deadly.

Hirogen2 said:

Haha the SSG is a Doom2 weapon not a ST one.
Minigun. Fast and Deadly.

If this was meant for only new weapons, only they'd be options. I'd agree with you; Minigun. Although I must complain about the picture... a physically smaller chaingun... we do know that the "mini" in minigun refers to it being smaller than the original machine guns which took more than one person to man, and were very immobile, right?

I voted for SSG. Sure, the BFG10k is powerful, but when it runs out of ammo, what do you fall back on? That's right, ol' reliable double-barrel.

ssg

frankly the best multiplayer weapon ever.
*hint* although the grenade launcher could be close if you modeled it more after the quake grenade launcher.

because how it is right now it can shoot grenades an obscenely long distance? i know i'm not the only one who would appreciate a change in it. and you could always make it deal more damage. i just think the idea of a grenade launcher as a short range weapon makes more sense than having it as a long range one.

It's not an obscenely long distance given the purpose of the weapon. It's supposed to a). Have a shorter range than the rocket launcher. b). Be able to strike at unseen monsters by bouncing it off walls around corners. c). Flood hallways for games like CTF, etc.

I don't see how a shorter range helps any of this. All it does it make it more consistent with how it is in other games.

sargebaldy said:

O_o except that it's nothing like it is in other games... i've never seen another grenade launcher that shoots so far.

Right. I'm saying that a shorter range would just make it like it is in other games; not actually better, just "the same".

eternal_DooMer said:

Mine's the BFG10K. I like the damage it does to enemies. The only thing I don't like about it is it can cause splash damage.

That's intentional :)

But yeah, it's a very badass weapon. I'm still waiting on graphical improvments on it, however.

My favorite SKULLTAG weapon is the minigun. The grenade launcher is cool too but I think I prefer the minigun because of its speed. The BFG10K is just too lame and the railgun is hard to hit people with.

I like the SSG of course, because it's strong and easy to hit people with, but I'm not as good at using it as I wish I was. I also like the plasma just because you can sweep with it.

HEY! SkullTag needs a triple-barrel shotgun! Yes, I'm a genius... Carn, add that right away!

Nanami said:

HEY! SkullTag needs a triple-barrel shotgun! Yes, I'm a genius... Carn, add that right away!

I have an idea. How about you pick up the basic components for the shotgun, and each time you find a barrel, just plop it on...

Epistax said:

I have an idea. How about you pick up the basic components for the shotgun, and each time you find a barrel, just plop it on...

Yeah, then we could have the super super super super super super (etc.) shotgun for the slot 8 weapon, like Hexen :)

Don't you mean the slot 8 weapon of Strife?

Anyway I remember some mod, "Spice ZDoom" I think, that had a "Super Duper Shotgun" that fired 4 shells at once, but was only accessible if you played as the Former Seargant. It had a warmup time similar to the BFG9000 instead of an extended reload time.

BTW Has anybody seen a more recent version of Spice or another mod that allows you to play as monsters?

Nah I'm talking about the "super" weapons in Hexen that you assemble from pieces. I just said slot 8 for Doom cause that'd be a new slot for the weapon.

Well, picking one of the new weapons I'd say the grenade launcher is my favorite when comparing the other new weapons. But I must say I'm sorely disappointed that the pistol did not make it on this list. I mean, come on, it's a pistol! It can... um... yeah!

Mancubus II said:

Well, picking one of the new weapons I'd say the grenade launcher is my favorite when comparing the other new weapons. But I must say I'm sorely disappointed that the pistol did not make it on this list. I mean, come on, it's a pistol! It can... um... yeah!

Doomsphere + rage + pistol = NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!! (not to be confused with NiGHTMARE)

Not to be compared with Doomsphere + Strength + BFG9000 which can kill the Heresiarch in one shot.