Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

Changing Monster Colors

I have an example wad from Zdoom.org made by Ultimate Doomer, but I don't get how to change them. I'm trying to make a demon red at the moment and I hope to try and make an Imp black as well. Here is what I have for the Demon thus far

script 1 OPEN
{
CreateTranslation (1, 112:127=32:47);
Thing_SetTranslation (1, 1);
}
What do I have to add to this to get the colors for Red Demons and Black Imps?

I just thought of a good idea to help me with this... if anyone knows where I can find a picture or download that has the entire Doom pallette labled by entry number that would be great, because then I would be able to do it by myself, but I have no idea how the pallette Zdoom looks at goes so I wouldn't be able to do it myself.

If you open up a DooM bitmap in Paint Shop Pro, you can go to 'Edit Pallette' (in the colours menu) and all the colours will be displayed in a 16x16 block.

Your example changes the green colour range (112:127) only - to change the colour of a demon, you need to change the pink range (16:31).

script 1 OPEN
{
CreateTranslation (1, 16:31=176:191);
Thing_SetTranslation (1, 1);
}
for a nice red demon. For the black imp, copy/paste the black marine script (first one in the acs file) and replace 112:127 with 64:79.

With the exception of one or two colours (which I created from more than one range) all the colours are single ranges, and are listed in palette order in the acs file.

All hail the king of Zdoom special features... although when you think of it... Ultimate Doomer you should try and make a Zdoom level full of special effects to try and rival Cyb's Void. I know you can do better than him you just need some time. Anyways, thank you very much for the help. I have to hurry and re-install Jasc. C ya later.

Health and speed can be done by:

SetActorProperty (tag, APROP_Health/Speed, amount);
(note that speed for monsters only works in 2.0.48 and up)

Size can only be changed with bex - add 'scale x.x' (insert value there) to the thing in question. Attack power can also be changed with bex, but that involves fiddling around with codepointers and is a little trickier to master.

cyber-menace said:

All hail the king of Zdoom special features... although when you think of it... Ultimate Doomer you should try and make a Zdoom level full of special effects to try and rival Cyb's Void. I know you can do better than him you just need some time.

/me looks at LTSD...

Well if worse comes to worse I'll use DEHACKED to increase the size a little bit, but unfourtunatly it doesn't increase attack power. I don't even know how to use Bex so I would need a page for it.

And about LTSD, I've played it, but I like the excitement and mystery better in void than that. You need to make one with more recent Zdoom effects... Who knows, maybe Cyb will make a void2 - The Next Friged Up Location. LMAO.