Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thehappycommunist

what do you guys think of the new inps ID made

I like the new apperance, except i miss the spikes on the back/shoulders. But i like the alien look (i think the original doom creatures just look cheesy now, i mean the barons/hell knights are wearing pants.)

But i like the multiple eyes and the way they are so agile and climb all over the place.

Lectrix said:

(i think the original doom creatures just look cheesy now, i mean the barons/hell knights are wearing pants.)

Um, that's fur, not pants. Also, the "pants" on the Revenant is actually blood and gore.

Lectrix said:

and the way they are so agile and climb all over the place.

Yeah, that is awesome. The fact that aliens could climb on the ceilings and walls in AVP made the game so much scarier. You had to try and keep an eye on every dimension.

There was a rumour on planetdoom, that the Imps in E3's trailer actually had 2 eyes instead of a bunch. Hard to see.

Are you guys sure that the Barons and HKs have fur on their legs? I always preferred to think of it as hide. Fur is just kinda...idunno, cute and fluffy. Either way, I'm making my BoH model have hide instead of fur:)
And I kinda like the new imps, they got a mean attitude.

LOL gatewatcher, it would be like the evil monsters inc :D

I'm not sure what they are meant to be, since the original doom sprites don't exactly give you much detail, but i always thought the idea of them wearing pants was quite amusing... :) and i guess if it is fur (doubt it though) they just cant be arsed shaving in hell...

Plus im glad the imps can still throw fireballs (forgot to mention in last post) and ive noticed they can guess where your moving and compensate for it rather than firing it straight.

Plus i like the way the imps avoid your fire by dodging your attack
IM GONNA LOVE THIS GAME!.

DaJuice said:

Are you guys sure that the Barons and HKs have fur on their legs? I always preferred to think of it as hide. Fur is just kinda...idunno, cute and fluffy. Either way, I'm making my BoH model have hide instead of fur:)
And I kinda like the new imps, they got a mean attitude.

Im positive I remember seeing quotes from john carmack calling it fur. Plus you must remember in part the hellknights and barons had goatlike legs hence the fur references

I like the original IMP more, I just wish id would've made the imp' arm's strectch just a little longer than the average arm length, and gave it "HIND" legs instead of regular legs. I wanted the "SPIKEs" to come back also. And just update it to Doom3's engine. I like all the new imps action moves, wall crawling, crouching attacks, hook claw swipes and the pounce. But I not feelin' those multiple bug eyes. And it's mouth and teeth don't frighting me at all. id should've gave it a errie "WIDE" fixed grimace.

BBG said:

Also, the "pants" on the Revenant is actually blood and gore.

They're pants motherfucker!

Anyway, I miss the old imps, but these new guys are cool too. Especially their increased speed.

What are you talking about? Swarms?

Hopefully.

Coming out of vents, and through holes in the structure, being able to climb walls, etc.

Coopersville said:

Hopefully.

Coming out of vents, and through holes in the structure, being able to climb walls, etc.

*cough*alienversuspredator*cough*