Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arioch

New Daedalus Release Countdown

The TeamTNT page has been updated with a running countdown to the moment of release for the long, long-awaited Daedalus project. As of this very moment the timer says there is about 44 days and 10 hours to go, which would make this projected release date December 10th, 10:00 PM EST.

Why is this date significant? It's the 10th anniversary of Doomsday--the shareware release of Doom was uploaded to ftp on December 10th, 1993.

Edit: Here's the TeamTNT page in case you want to actually see the site and not just take our word for it :P - Cyb

Woot, I keep forgetting Daedalus exists. Perhaps I should go play Icarus or something to celebrate. Never have made it far through Icarus.

And, in keeping with the tradition, toilet paper, I mean third post.

Wasn't much of a surprise to expect a project to be released on the 10th bday, but perhaps other projects are planning to do the same (for the ones out there that were never planning to be released, it's almost your chance! hint hint).

Hehe, I guess I (along with others) bothered Ty way too much in the ZDoom forums. For some reason, he stopped answering after the third mention... I wonder why?

Vile said:

Wasn't much of a surprise to expect a project to be released on the 10th bday, but perhaps other projects are planning to do the same (for the ones out there that were never planning to be released, it's almost your chance! hint hint).

i'm hoping for the same. i'll more than likely have something ready for release then, and the flashback megawad is planning a partial release for that date as well :) i'd love it if the archives just got swarmed that week.

I first played Doom that month. saw one of the first copies that got to the UK, I think. at a stall in the local computer market (biggest in Europe). there was a crowd of fifty people just watching the guy who owned the stall play through E1M1 over and over.

ten years. that's just fucking scary. :)

another teamtnt release that will actually come out on time? sweet!
plus not a bad way to celebrate a decade of doom.

sgtcrispy said:

another teamtnt release that will actually come out on time? sweet!
plus not a bad way to celebrate a decade of doom.

since when is 4 years late on time? :P

Nice! I've been waiting so long for this, I think since it started! (Even though I have not been here that long...)

Cyb said:

since when is 4 years late on time? :P

Quite. This is the project formerly known as Doom2000, after all. IIRC, it was first announced years before then (1997 perhaps?) with a promise that this was one TeamTNT project that definitely wouldn't be late.

Well, at least they managed a cool release date (cooler than the initial one, at least; being the game's 10th anniversary)... unlike the id guys who, at this rate, will have to settle with an October 10th 2004 release.

Grazza said:

Quite. This is the project formerly known as Doom2000, after all. IIRC, it was first announced years before then (1997 perhaps?) with a promise that this was one TeamTNT project that definitely wouldn't be late.

TeamTNT is a pack of liars who happen to be able to map really well ;)

Well, maybe we are a pack of liars, but we love it! :)

Now it's back to testing....

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Wow, I remember when Icarus was first released. That was a longass time ago.

Cadman said:

Well, maybe we are a pack of liars, but we love it! :)

Indeed you are....and don't we all love it? :P

Now it's back to testing...

Yep...same here, just not Daedalus :P

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Why did I quote this line?