Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Music

During times like these, I like to listen to the following songs: Paint the sky with stars, China Roses and Only Time by Enya; Everybody Hurts by REM; Last of the Mohecans Theme from the movie; Now we are Free (the theme from Gladiator); Wishlist and Lastkiss by Pearljam; This year's love by David Gray; the theme from The Mission soundtrack.

What do you like to listen to in times like these? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that doesn't listen to Metal/heavy stuff.

I don't listen to metal/heavy stuff; but in "times like these" I listen to precisely the same music that I always listen to.

At times like this I don't listen to anything. Except the news.

Wait. I usually don't listen to much of anything, anyway. Wow.

In depressing times, I listen to depressing music, such as Staind.
Works for me.

Yup, blowing away demons while jammin' to "Sharp Dressed Man"...(???)

Heh, I just got the Lucyfire CD and they have a cover of that song on it. Weird, cause that used to be one of my favorite songs before I got introduced to music with a concept to it.

Well, at times like this you also need to loosen up and keep your sanity.

BTW...Trent Reznor is God as far as I'm concerned! NIN forever baby!!!!!

/me looks around
Hmm.. that was disorientating..
Look at it this way. You are one of a group that I can could on 1 hand comfortably who like NIN. If you like Trent..well.. I dunno what to tell you.

Well, at times like this you also need to loosen up and keep your sanity.

Well, read the next line after that. Go on, read it.

On the day of the attack, Springsteen's "Darlington County" popped into my head and started playing over in an endless loop cycle. I don't know why. I guess it's because it's the only song I know that makes a specific reference to the WTC in the lyrics. Weird the kind of things that sometimes go through your mind when things like this happen.

Weird the kind of things that sometimes go through your mind when things like this happen.

Yeah tell me about it, that was the first time I hadn't been totally moved by Deus Ex Machina in about a month.

If you like Trent..well.. I dunno what to tell you.

Just what is wrong with Reznor? He's a genius! And a know a lot more people than I can count on one hand that like NIN.

Just what is wrong with Reznor? He's a genius!

GOOD GOD!

-1000000 POSTS TO YOU!!!

Just what is wrong with Reznor? He's a genius!

GOOD GOD!

-1000000 POSTS TO YOU!!!

Wow, someone will finally join me in that pretigious club?

Heh, I can picture it now...

"I thought Trent Reznor was a genius. OOPS!"

Guest Fanatic

I rather enjoyed a listen to Slayer's Seasons In The Abyss today, fit the mood quite well I think.

Fear Factory would do fine as well.

Bah.....who cares what you all think? I have my tastes, and you have yours. No more arguments about Reznor ok. You guys just don't appreciate him, and that's that.

Fear Factory

Only one I've heard by them is Zero Signal, which, I might add, might fit in a DOOM movie if there ever was one made.

I love Fear Factory but they're getting harder and harder to listen to. Demanufacture was kickass, Obsolete was a fucking trip... then Digimortal? Sheesh. Eew.

Hey Lüt, you like Lucyfire? You should check out Sisters of Mercy. 'Specially their Floodlands and Vision Thing albums.

I dunno if I like them yet, I only got the CD cause they're Johan Edlund's other band, the guy behind Tiamat (one of my personal favorites). I had to get the album to add to the Johan collection. I've only listened to the whole thing once, and have two MP3s that I've listened to a few more times. Musically it's better than Tiamat's last album Skeleton Skeletron but I hate his laughably cheesy "accent" he uses for Lucyfire.

Yeah well, it's a goth album. Waddya expect :P

From the tracks I've heard on it, it's ok. SOM is way way way way better though, in every way. Musically, and lyrically. Much better vocals too. Far less annoying and cheesy.