Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WaspinasGuy

W_Get SPALTHIC?

Uh.... I tried to play it, and I get an error.. it says,W_GetNumForName: SPALTHIC, what does that mean, cause i dont know what im doing wrong. Anyone that can help me, will be thanked.

sure its not something like spalhtic not found? Anyway, that is a data lump contained in zdoom.wad. Zdoom.wad changes occasionally over time, so you may not have that lump in your version of the wad. It sounds like you are using an old version of zdoom.

Rather than babble for three hours reciting all the possible causes and fixes, what exactly did you download to play zdoomgl?

Also, if you have plain zdoom, have you tried just running zdoomgl from its own directory? Zdoom & ZDGL are made by two different people. Zdoom will always be a few steps ahead of ZdoomGL, because once randy makes a change to zdoom, timmie has to work on re-introducing that change to ZdoomGL. So if you place them in the same folder, one version of zdoom.wad will replace the other, causing problems if they rely on different versions of that file.

Hmm, well for one thing, the latest ZDoomGL and ZDoom 2.0.48+ don't like eachother, so that could be it. We'll have to wait for 0.75 for that to be fixed though.

Try running ZDoomGL from it's own directory or something...

That worked guys, thanks. Now my next problem. When I go to run the game, in OpenGL mode, I get a fine yellow line across the bottom, and when I go too close to the walls, they disappear. Any help with this?