Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Teh Macvileness

New doom3 pic (From planetdoom) Plus pre-order box and pewter baron of hell

New Pic

And the stuff about the pre-order box

<Stolen without remorse from Planetdoom =] >

"Figurine with GameStop Pre-Order"

"If you happen to have a GameStop store near by, then you may want to head on over there and sign-up to pre-order your copy of DOOM III. When you do, you will get a pewter figurine of The Baron of Hell in the pre-order box. Also there is a new screen shot on the back that has a Hellknight about to introduce himself to a chainsaw wielding zombie."

Pix of box and pewter baron

You can thank me...uh....now

That's a cool new screenshot. It looks like the Hellknight has to lean forward to get through that hallway. Neat.

Is that you MacVilewhore?

The new pic looks cool, the bloody mouth of the zombie reminds me to the angry chaingunner from Doom2.

The box design looks a bit cheesy IMO. The posing Hellknight is so "grrroaarchhhh look at me!" -like and the text is written in that generic *mystery* font. I hope the standard cover design will be a bit more elegant.

The figurine is neat :)

Tetzlaff said:

Is that you MacVilewhore?

Yes, yes it is.

He also said:

The box design looks a bit cheesy IMO. The posing Hellknight is so "grrroaarchhhh look at me!" -like and the text is written in that generic *mystery* font. I hope the standard cover design will be a bit more elegant.

The figurine is neat :)

Yes it is :)

And the box art there is only the pre-order box, I doubt that the actual box with the game in it will look the same, pre-order boxes almost never look the same as the actual ones, thats the box you get when you pre-order :p

I didn´t even knew there is such a thing like pre-order boxes until today.
Have you been banned or what?

Teh Macvileness said:

Yes, yes it is.

Yes it is :)

And the box art there is only the pre-order box, I doubt that the actual box with the game in it will look the same, pre-order boxes almost never look the same as the actual ones, thats the box you get when you pre-order :p

Let's hope so...this one is very lame compared to the original doom box :)

Teh Macvileness said:

I was banned 1000's of times, last time i'm not sure what for (when I was funeral fog). But i'm going to try to keep my nose clean, heh.

Well, Funeral Fog's avatar was better if you ask me.

Disorder said:

That's a cool new screenshot. It looks like the Hellknight has to lean forward to get through that hallway. Neat.

You know what that means too? It means the cyberdemon may be able to actually follow you down steps and shit. now thats REALLY scary. Think about monsters that really *hunt* your ass wherever you go. Monsters that can bust through walls now especially

Julian said:

Well, Funeral Fog's avatar was better if you ask me.

Well, I could have a better avatar if you just combined all my previous posts so I could put in my own custom avatar.

That is, if its still possible to do, and you'll do it :p

Oh, and if this isn't at least newsworthy, isn't the pic at least good enough to put in teh "Officional Pix Section(tm)"?

=]

Hmm... that pewter Baron looks far more like the Baron from the original Doom than Doom 3's Birdman (which everyone assumes is the new Baron). Perhaps we were all wrong and Birdman is actually a completely new creature?

Pretty sure that baron is the one from the original doom. It looks like one of the reaper miniatures from the original doom miniature set. Which means it's really just a table top wargaming white metal type of casting (like the Cybie in Anthology was) and is not going to be much over 1.5" tall either.

Also, the pose looks to me less like he has just thrown a ball of plasma or slashed a marine with his claws, but more like he is taking a sly grab at someone's nut-sack.

Enjay said:

...but more like he is taking a sly grab at someone's nut-sack.

Lol, yup. I got mine earlier today and it actually looks a bit over 2 inches tall. Half an hour after I read this post I had the thing in my room (we have a GameStop close by). It would be cool if it would come alive. I'd set it on the ants that are taking over our kitchen, it could stomp on them and vaporize them with little fire balls. Of course I'd always have to sleep with one eye open, but it would be worth it.

Nightmare, Go look at the picture of the box again. It tells you, QUITE CLEARLY, that the figurine IS the same pewter figurine that was released after the original doom. So there is a reason it looks like the original Baron. Because it is, Also could you drop the birdman crap. We've never seen him since 2001, chances are he was an early rendition of the current hellknight, They probably tried keeping him as close as possible, then redesigned him when that wasn't working.

I mean, 2001. March 2001 was the ONLY time we ever saw the "birdman" and beleive it or not, monster designs can change over time. Get used to it.

yea and i remember seeing a picture of the bottom of it and it said Id software 1993 to 1997 so its a old model for sure.

LorD BaZTArD said:

I mean, 2001. March 2001 was the ONLY time we ever saw the "birdman" and beleive it or not, monster designs can change over time. Get used to it.

Actually, we saw him at E3 2002 in the Legacy video.

I just got it! Well actually my mom did. She went to Gamestop and asked about the Doom III preorder, which came with a figurine and box, and the first guy wasn't exactly sure, but the other guy was like "Oh yeah, we've got a couple lying around on the floor in the back" or something to that extent, and so my mom put down $5 (for the preorder, and got it. She kept asking what was so great about, as it was only a box (which is the new tiny knd, not fullsize) and a 2"- pewter monster, but I guess only a true Doom fan understands :-P