Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

I'm Sick and Tired of the Damn War...

All I do is hear, day in and day out, reports of guerilla attacks on the US & allied soldiers. Quite frankly, I'm tired of it. I don't even feel sorry for them anymore. What they're doing by remaining in Iraq is the equivalent to slamming your hand in the door and saying "ow" each time, but doing it repeatedly...and to no avail. Clearly, our presence is not in the least bit desired over there and we should respect their wishes. A majority of the Arab individuals (hadjis) have made it abundantly clear that they wish to be autonomous and to retain sovereign rule even if it's a rule of terror. We should leave, bring home the weary soldiers, the corrupt representatives and their even more corrupt corporate salespeople and lastly, our billions in military spending. No one is even sure what the devil we're trying to accomplish anymore...all we know is that we're not accomplishing anything at all. I don't know how much more of this garbage I can stand to hear on CNN.

Heh, it got so that I started to ignore it.
I'm still ignoring it now.

Lol same, its all pointless bullshit and i dont care to hear about it anymore so I jus block it out I dont understand why they dont just get the fuck outa that country and leave the god damn people alone. Dosent seem like they have proven any important points except that alot of the soldiers are stupid and are relieing totaly on there equipment to keep there asses from getting killed.

What war? I haven't heard anything about it for months now.

Edit: And for good reason. I don't watch any news, or even get a newspaper. (only on sunday for teh comix)

well it looks like SOMEONE hasn't been watching his FOX NEWS!

i prefer my news Fair and Balanced instead of the fear-mongering coming from the liberal media. seriously, you'd know why we're in Iraq if you stayed away from CNN.

I stopped caring about the war long ago.

Everybody bitches about it but its not stopping.

Luckily I wasn't old enough to vote when the tard got elected, so I cant be blamed.

I'm done trying to understand why a few influential people see fit to get the United States involved in the affairs of other countries. Are we trying to win popularity because we have our own problems to sort out. As for Dubya n' the gang's "unshakeable resolve" etc, pack your bags and head out to join the effort... then get the proper perspective.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

One word - Capitalism.

Heh, well all other forms of marketing suck too. Well, they're all right in concept but when it comes to human greed, that element just fucks it all up.

Its funny how attacks are considered geurilla warfare and terrorism if its against us, even if its in their own country.

Sephiroth said:

why dont we just do our selves and the world a favor and nuke the whole damn middle east!

Eh, we better nuke ourselves as well; look at this shithole.

Job said:

All I do is hear, day in and day out, reports of guerilla attacks on the US & allied soldiers. Quite frankly, I'm tired of it. I don't even feel sorry for them anymore.

Those are some harsh words Job. I have several friends/aquaintances I know who, for all I know, could be over there or killed. It's not the Soldiers fault, they are just simple middle class people like the rest of us. It's the administration of the United States and the people looking to get rich off the suffering of others that you should be upset about. Not the unfortunate soldiers who have been abused.

Actually, at least over fifty percent of Iraqis are glad we're there. Don't be so stupid to think that bands of guerillas speak for all people.

All I do is hear, day in and day out, reports of guerilla attacks on the US & allied soldiers. Quite frankly, I'm tired of it. I don't even feel sorry for them anymore.

Pull your head out of your ass, dipstick. Just because you don't agree with why they're there doesn't mean you should stop giving a damn about them. They're just people doing their job, people who had the guts to put their lives on the line, and the guts to kill someone else for what they believe in. You're not out there fighting, so shut the fuck up. Unbelieveable . . .

Job said:

Um, it's not their fault they are there. They can't leave.

As I see it, we definately dont belong there. Unfortunately, if we leave the country is going to collapse into anarchy and 10x more killings will occur. The best solution is not to have gone there in the first place. But I guess we're deep in it now.

Grimm said:

Actually, at least over fifty percent of Iraqis are glad we're there.

Funny how statistics can vary so wildly from source to source. Funny how, given this, people can still quote them like they are implicit truth.

If we pull out of Iraq, the entire region will go to hell, and the US will be blamed. If we stay, even if Bush is thrown out of office, it will be for a long time, and it will have a chance of turning into a Vietnam-scale quagmire. Catch-22, damned if you do and damned if you don't. That's it.