Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Episode 4: Questions

Exactly where does Episode 4 take place? I always thought it was an alternate dimension and it doesn't look at all like Earth.
And, how exactly does Ep4 tie in with the original Doom's story?

I was wondering that myself.. I mean, the sky leads me to belive hell, but then end of Inferno said he left hell after killing the Spidermastermind.. Hrmmmm

ROFL!!

In any case I have a theory on the story. Would it not be the story of the Doomguys' treck to the civilized areas that were devastated by hellspawn? I dunno.. this is just a theory.

Well, in my story for Wildman's Doom Anthology that'll cover all of the original Doom, that's exactly what I'm gonna make it. It's gonna be the Doomguy after he comes through the gate, fighting through a town or something until he reaches the UAC Spaceport.

yeah, it's Earth. He emerges in that building that's on fire by the bunnyhead (i think). The sky does get orange like that on Earth if you've ever gone outside near dusk :)...but i agree that it's one effed up Earth, but maybe the architecture's been overrun or something, i dunno...can they do THAT?

Sure they can.....It just doesn't seem to fit with the Starport Level (the first one) in Doom2.

Well, perhaps it was en route to the starport. I mean, if it was just after leaving hell, he'd be on some territory that is very close to a gate. Hell could have warped the terrain a little there.. and then once he got out of that mess, he found the entrance to the starport.

Yeah, that was pretty much my theory. Except I am not into that fantasy stuff and like everything to be totally logical and explainible, so I wouldn't have the warped terrain stuff.

I think they just threw in an episode that was very hell based without thinking much about the story. The 4'th episode was not released at the same time as the original doom game, which most of you already know.

Yeah but wouldn't the hell spawn start to colonise earth in there own image after they start killing everyone so therefore earth would have a more demonic apperance.