Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alboroto

Matrix: Revolutions. WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS

Just came from the theater watching the movie...

Overall opinion: Good
Visual Effects: Awesome
Plot: Cool, but a little cheesy
Neo's Fight scenes: Interesting
Smith: Cool as hell
Oracle: Not my choice
Bane: my type of evil dude

But the coolest thing of all was THE scene where the machines reach Zion. I want one of those armors for my bday.

Any opinions?

According to the reviews I've read, it's crap. And they're probably right. I have zero interest in seeing it.

Ultraviolet said:

Somebody should label this thread "WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS" before somebody actually does post spoilers.

Isn't it obvious that spoilers could turn up here?

I thought it was pretty cool, much better than Reloaded (although that's not difficult). A bit confusing at parts, and the ending wasn't that satisfying. But a good movie overall.

I'm not going to be attending this thread after this post, mainly because all people do is bitch and whine while providing no real reason why Matrix Reloaded sucked, and why they think Matrix Revolutions will suck. People wouldn't know a fucking good movie if it bit them in the ass, because they like to pick stupid shit apart too much and look for reasons the whole time watching it rather than actually enjoying it.

Melfice said:

I'm not going to be attending this thread after this post, mainly because all people do is bitch and whine while providing no real reason why Matrix Reloaded sucked, and why they think Matrix Revolutions will suck. People wouldn't know a fucking good movie if it bit them in the ass, because they like to pick stupid shit apart too much and look for reasons the whole time watching it rather than actually enjoying it.

Or maybe there's the fact that some people watched it and DIDN'T enjoy it? I sat down to Reloaded expecting to enjoy it but it didn't live up to expectations, I didn't enjoy it that much. I can't really put my finger on what made it not enjoyable for me, but I didn't pick it apart and look for reasons why.

Melfice said:

all people do is bitch and whine while providing no real reason why Matrix Reloaded sucked

Dumb plot.
Retarded action (the highway scene was pretty cool though).
Awful acting.
Rave scene.
A stupid facade of trying to be "deep".

and why they think Matrix Revolutions will suck.

Because it's just more of the same and, from what I've heard, worse.

Oom, I forgot about this. I liked Reloaded, though it wasn't as good as the first, and the rave scene sucked. Actually, I don't think the Reloaded wasn't as good as the first per se, but just kinda lacked something the first had, if you follow me.

I haven't even seen reloaded yet, there's no compelling reason to see the sequel after the initial gimmick of the first movie has been played out.

Brian: Uh.. there's a woodpecker on your head.
Keanu: Yeah he comes and goes.

Gotta love Family Guy. :)

The first Matrix I liked, it interested me, I liked how Neo got prepared and all that training Jazz. Reloaded put me to sleep, I watched it even with enough base in which it shook my house when there were explosions, I fell asleep during it, I didn't really like it, though I will admit I had quite the chuckle in the Room with the Architect. Revolutions looks alright, but I will probably wait to rent it or whatnot.

But I saw this tv program in the summer break it was aboot the Matrx; it made me laugh quite the bit, they were serious but when they said...

"The Matrix changed my life"
"The Matrix changed the way I look at the world."

I laughed and couldn't stop, no offence though, but that made me giggle when they said it and the seriousness on their face and voice.

The Matrix overall to me is alright, but nothing in which I am really a fan of.
Automatic or one of those hand ones that you need to go up and down with and stuff like from the old days or the fold out ones or the wind. :D

I didn't even like the first movie. Never saw the second one, and no plans to see the third.

TeamKill said:

My new girlfriend is taking me out to it tonight. She already bought the tickets for us. Can't wait to see it!

So things did work out with the Japanese girl, eh? :)

The battle for Zion is well worth the price of admission. The underground club bits are pretty funky, but the ending is WAAAAY to open.

...but I'm just happy it didn't turn into a Matrix within the Matrix. :D

I haven't seen Reloaded in the theaters, and it's too late for that, and I probably won't see Revolutions in the theater either :P

Job said:

So things did work out with the Japanese girl, eh? :)

No...this is a girl in my C++ class named Annie who's like the best thing since sliced bread. The Japanese girl is in Japan right now.

But now that I saw it with her...that movie rocks! Not as good as the first, but better than the second, as she and I decided. imo, the 2nd ended up being a kind of "filler".

Saw it yesterday. It was good, better than the reviews have been saying. Kind of annoying how there were unresolved plot threads, though (How can Neo see in the real world with no eyes? How is he able to "jack in" without a connection? etc)

One thing I did like was how well the actor playing Bane did the Smith mannerisms: he definitely had the voice perfected.

fraggle said:

One thing I did like was how well the actor playing Bane did the Smith mannerisms: he definitely had the voice perfected.

Yes, I thought that was very well done. I almost thought I was looking at Smith on a few occasions.

It wasn't too bad. Not quite what I expected, but good. I was wondering where the albino twins went, though.

TeamKill said:

No...this is a girl in my C++ class named Annie who's like the best thing since sliced bread. The Japanese girl is in Japan right now.

But now that I saw it with her...that movie rocks! Not as good as the first, but better than the second, as she and I decided. imo, the 2nd ended up being a kind of "filler".

OMG, girls go to C++ classes?

Watch the movie just for the machine battle, the escape with Jada, Bane and Hugo's awesome portrayal of Agent Smith. The disdain for human emotion is so well conveyed by him. That alone is worth the price of admission.

The rest, well, the most annoying bit about the film is that the original characters except for Neo were kept in the sidelines. Especially Morpheus, who was reduced to cheesy one-liners and playing a sidekick to Naiobi. Just didn't seem like the same awe-inspiring Morpheus we saw in the first two parts. The characters that did intrigue and leave a new dimension to a dragging story was the Merv and Pers. but they only got minimal airtime, which sucked.

Disappointing, yes. If you thought the second one sucked, this one won't raise eyebrows. If you go, go with low expectations and perhaps look forward to the amazing eye-candy.

doomedout said:

Watch the movie just for the machine battle, the escape with Jada, Bane and Hugo's awesome portrayal of Agent Smith. The disdain for human emotion is so well conveyed by him. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Yes, exactly. I have not seen it yet, but I certainly am not going in there with high expectations. The eye candy is definitely worth it for me.

...Especially Morpheus, who was reduced to cheesy one-liners and playing a sidekick to Naiobi. Just didn't seem like the same awe-inspiring Morpheus we saw in the first two parts.

Remember, the "prophecy" that Morpheus thought was so true that he put his full faith in it has been proven otherwise, so he is no longer the "leader" of the resistance, Neo is.

No matter how it all turns out, I know I'm going to leave there saying "Damn, that was a fine looking movie. And getting stoned beforehand doesn't hurt either. :D

Right. Maybe it's time for someone who's actually seen the movie to speak out on it. Here's my mini-review I wrote for the FARK.com comments (I know, I know).

I am appalled at some of the comments I've heard. Everyone seems to think that all the pre-release hype (which really wasn't that bad, all things considered) about a movie justifies completely driving it into the ground after its release. The Wachowski brothers cannot make a movie that caters to everyone's expectations. So they have made a series of movies that explore different things (philosophy, combat, action, allegory) while providing some of the most adrenaline-filled cinematic effects and action scenes in the genre.

Revolutions is no different. Granted, there are a few annoyances that struck me during the viewing. Mainly, one factor that was out of the hands of the directors : a different actress taking over the role of the Oracle, previously played by Gloria Foster, who died during production. I get the feeling most of the Oracle scenes, including the ending, would have had a far greater impact had the character been played by the original actress. But hey.

The small technical inconcistencies and details don't interest me that much. The fact that Neo can now survive plummeting to the ground (creating a 30 ft. hole in the process) does bother me, though, as it poses the question - why do Smith and Neo bother fighting as seemingly neither one of them can be killed by physical force ?

I was left kind of confused about certain aspects of the film, though maybe a second or third viewing will take care of that. Specifically, the whole reason why Neo can control Machines in the real word is still a mystery to me. Also, I'm not entirely sure just how Neo succeeded in destroying all the Smiths. Which is odd, since I usually have an eye for the unstated in movies... but maybe I was just overwhelmed by all the good things in this movie.

The battle scenes, for example. The fight at the Dock was quite possibly the most amazingly cool battle sequence I've seen in a science fiction setting. It seems to be very politically correct these days to say special effects are just eye candy that can't cover up a badly produced movie, and I guess that's true, but FUCK ME. The special effects are half of what makes this movie (and the entire series) great, but that's not a bad thing. So much hype was created around the highway chase scene in Reloaded, but the scene at the docks is definetely the most impressive one in the trilogy, IMO.

I actually enjoyed the allegorical and semi-philosophical aspect. I can't tell you why, I just did. For some reason I had immediate sympathy for the Indian program guy. The confrontation between Neo and the 'sentinel face' in the machine city (and the whole scene leading up to it, culminating in the first time Trinity sees the sun outside of simulation) was pretty fucking cool as well.

Ultimately, without trying to be an apologist for the Matrix (because I never really got excited about the first movie and was disappointed with the second), I think what matters is this :

When the credits rolled and the lights went on, I was overwhelmed at how good this movie was, and immediately wanted to see it again. I'd give it 85 out of 100 now, though that may chance after a few more viewings. I love it, and though the ending did leave something to be desired, I think it's a great conclusion to the series.

Conclusion : Matrix Revolutions > Jesus.

Lord FlatHead said:

Specifically, the whole reason why Neo can control Machines in the real word is still a mystery to me.

I haven't seen Revolutions but...
During the Architect scene in Reloaded, the architect says something like this to Neo:
"Though the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human."

My take on this is that Neo has been digitalized when entering the Architect's room (remember the starfield?). He's not really human anymore. In fact, he's inbetween human and machine which, given what I've gathered about Revolutions' storyline, makes sense.

In most mythologies, messiahs are generally a cross between gods and humen. I have the feeling Matrix follows this trend.

darknation said:

Harry Jowels seemed to like it, and that's reason enough for me to avoid this film like the black death itself.

Does Harry Jowels like sex?

all i can say is, i knew a lot of people who saw reloaded and said 'man, that's so confusing, i've seen it five million times and i keep seeing something new every time!' i watched reloaded and i was like, 'what the fuck, this is increadibly straightforeward, what's not to understand?!' the only thing that impressed me was the plot twist about how the prophecy was wrong and neo is actually to choose 14 pionners. so i'm not going with high hopes to this if i even go while it's in theaters. stoned. :D

we'll check back.