Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ChaosOverlord

I know this isn't about Doom, but I need help! BIG TIME!

One of my computers has a nasty virus that is making my C: drive inaccessible.. I can still boot up with a boot disk, but I cannot access my harddrive... can anyone tell me a few, or the "best" DOS based virus scanner around... a free one preferrably... since I'm broke as hell, plus I don't want to wait around to order a copy of something, I need to fix it now!!! please, any advice would help big time.. thanks people.

With McAfee virusscan (http://www.mcafee.com i think) you can create a boot diskette that will scan for viruses and remove the ones it can/finds. I use this program because I think it rules and it's helped me out many times

dos based? i don't think that there are any up to date ones still around. i remember that f-prot was pretty good, but i never heard about it for about 8 years. or possibly if you can find an old dos version of norton or mcaffee, the updates might work on those. might. you never know.

if you can't find one, you can flash the bios. i'm assuming that's what's wrong if it's not detecting it. if it is detecting, but you can't get to it, the virus might've killed the partitions. you might have to fdisk.

of course these are just guesses. i could be completely wrong. there are a lot of viruses out there.

Hmm.. if I have to fdisk the drive will I lose all the data on the harddrive currently?

Depends what you do to it. Some viruses destroy the Master Boot Record. You can try typing "FDISK /mbr" and that will restore it (and if that's the only problem, that will fix it). If that DOES work, make sure you get McAfee and get rid of the virus before it does that again.

YOUR ALL NUTS.

McAfee is a worthless bag of hell compared to Norton... even Norton 2001 has DOS support. You should already have it.

Question......if you have a virus on your 'puter, then how in God's name are you posting??????

Unless, of course, you're on someone else's comp, which I find very unlikely with all of us DOOMers.

Question......if you have a virus on your 'puter, then how in God's name are you posting??????

Unless, of course, you're on someone else's comp, which I find very unlikely with all of us DOOMers.

Or he may have 20 computers like me.

I've got a pretty damn Outlook express using unknown attachment executing loony family. When I was using McAfee it always did MORE DAMAGE than it fixed, spreading the damn virus around instead of deleting it when I told it to.

My family hasn't had the slightest bit of trouble since we've switched to Norton, 'cuz you know, when we hit the "Fuck it, I don't care, delete it now." button that pops up it actually DOES IT and doesn't copy it 500 times and spread it all over my damn System.

fuck me in your no fuck you in your goat ass shithead... mcaefee has always fucking sucked and you fucking know it godammit. godamm shit neve rworked for me at all.

i'm not fucking drunk i'm only three and a half beers in dammit i'm just relaxed.i can't get fucked up now 'cuz i got to go buy glasses tomororw.

no eye glasses fucktard, i got 800 in my wallet cuz i'm too lazy to go anywhere and buy anything so while i'm at wally world i'll probalby get some fuckgin computer chairs or mice or diskettes or some shit too, why not?

fucking sucks they don't have tequiza there... godammit. why does everyone drink carona? it's like budweizer with rubbing alcohol in it... fucking dog piss. fuck that shit. fuck it good. fuckt hat. i want my fuciking becks or tequiza. dammit.

Or he may have 20 computers like me.

My god.......and I thought I was a loser!

Fuck you, I was OUTSIDE ALL DAY TODAY.