Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carnevil

95g coming!

Wow look at that changelog! That's not even EVERYTHING that will be in this version (I still have more stuff to do)!

*+ - Made a massive fix to speed up actor spawning on the server end. This results in much smoother, less laggy games. (Especially in levels with tons of objects. Co-op games should be MUCH better now.)
*+ - Made large optimizations to how sectors work over the network. They are now smoother and less laggy!
+ - Added sv_maxplayers, which limits the amount of active players in the game. People who join the game beyond this limit spawn as spectators.
+ - Added a trail effect for when players have the turbosphere or haste rune.
+ - Added field for the password that clients use to connect to passworded servers to the multiplayer menu.
+ - Added new compatibility flag that enables the original Doom sound curve.
+ - Add safety measures to the ConsoleCommand ACS function.
+ - Applied logic for all dmflags that I hadn't gotten around to doing.
+ - Drain and reflection runes now work properly.
+ - Added con_textcolor, which allows disabling of color for text strings.
+ - Added chat flood protection. Now, players who spam servers with chat strings get kicked.
+ - TakeInventory called by server-side scripts now shows up properly on the client end.
+ - Improved spying through other people's eyes while in spectator mode.
+ - Objects spawned by server-side scripts through Thing_Projectile now work.
+ - Added blue/red leads, teams are tied announcer events for teamplay DM mode.
+ - Added HUD display for team scores during teamplay DM mode.
+ - Item respawning has been moved more towards the server end. This removes item respawn problems under certain conditions (ie. item respawn in cooperative).
+ - While spectating, players' whos eyes you spy through, now display the proper view and weapon bobbing.
+ - Added "disable taunts" compatability flag. This is important because before, the silent BFG effect was triggerable by taunting.
- - Fixed major server crash where if the level remained unchanged for more than a day or so, and someone joined, it would crash.
- - Desaturated sectors now appear that way on the client end.
- - Fixed connection problems related to the level being loaded, without having gotten the player spawning packet(s) yet.
- - Change music functions called by server-side scripts now work on the client end.
- - Fixed problem where going into spectator mode while carrying an important object such as a flag or the terminator, would result in the object disappearing for good.
- - Textures that have changed during the level are now updated to joining clients.
- - Fixed problem where typing a chat string with a % sign would would result in a bunch of different characters instead of the actual % sign.
- - Fixed bug where if you fired plasma against the wall, it didn't appear to come out at all on the client end.
- - Fixed rcon problems related to the "map" command.
- - Made fix to make the BFG firing sound play at the proper time on the client end.
- - The HealThing function called by server-side scripts now works.
- - Fixed problem where if the was packet loss on the server end, your missiles would appear to come out at the wrong pitch.
- - Fixed problem where if you were spying through the eyes of another player during coop, spectator mode, etc., and they disconnected, Skulltag would crash.
- - Players now grunt and have their view height shift when hitting the ground hard on the client end.
- - Fixed bugs where weapons appeared to be cleared between levels in co-op, but that really isn't the case.
- - Fixed bug where spectators did not show up on the scoreboard in teamgame mode.
- - Icons now spawn directly over the player instead of at their feet (with framerate uncapped, medals in pervious versions would "float" up to the top of the player).
- - Voodoo dolls now work again.
- - Fixed problem with obituary messages for custom wads where when players' had colored names, their color would persist to the end of the message, instead of reverting back to gold.
- - Fixed problems where dropped dehacked pickups would appear to not disappear over the client end.
- - Clients now receive dmflags, etc. updates if server updates them using "sv_nomonsters", etc. commands.
- - Fixed bug where if the "no monsters" flag was set, and a co-op level was being played on, the monsters still spawned, and appeared to stand in place on the client end.
- - Added unique spawnable codes for the dark imp fireball and cacolantern fireball.
- - Fixed problem where picking up dehacked items on the client end would not make them disappear.
- - Fixed problem where score ladder on d2st2 occasinally could not be climbed.
- - Flag return ticks are now reset after each level.
- - Fixed problems relating to being permently frozen if you're in time freeze mode, and restart the level.
- - Monster pain chance is now no longer factored into the client end.
- - Fixed telefrag bug where you appeared to be dead on the client end, but were still alive.
- - Normal player sounds are now played when cl_skins is false. Before, even though the player sprite was normal, the sounds associated with the skin would still play.
- - Autoaim now always works in oldschool mode.
! - Regeneration and degeneration are no longer handled on the client end.
! - Objects are now always infinitely tall in oldschool mode.
! - Players in cooperatvie mode are now considered teammates. The teamdamage cvar now affects how much you can damage your teammates.
! - Text lines are no longer broken up into two or more lines if they're too long to fit the screen in oldschool.
! - The console is now available in oldschool mode.
! - Servers can now enable sv_cheats, allowing cheats.
! - Split up the "Cable/DSL" connection type into two seperate types. Now, if both the server and client have at least a cable connection, SSG pellets will appear in exactly the right place, as opposed to their position being generated on the client end. (WARNING: This takes a LOT of bandwidth! Only do this if you're hardcore!)
! - Slightly lowered the volume of the firing sound for the minigun.
! - Custom names are now allowed in oldschool mode (no more "Green", "Indigo", etc.).

I didn't read through all of it, but please, can you add "SUMMON MANCUBUS" and "SUMMON IMP"? Also, I noticed that whenever I try to summon a Spider Mastermind, I get stuck in it and I have to kill it before I can move again.

Infinite Ammunition said:

I didn't read through all of it, but please, can you add "SUMMON MANCUBUS" and "SUMMON IMP"? Also, I noticed that whenever I try to summon a Spider Mastermind, I get stuck in it and I have to kill it before I can move again.

Try "summon doomimp" and "summon fatso"

I know that, but still, wouldn't it be great if you could just call those two enemies by their names? ...wouldn't it?

There's also a HereticImp so who decides which one you get by summonning an 'Imp'? :D

I don't think this is worth an effort. Why Randy chose to use these names for ZDoom I'll never know. Besides, the names for Heretic's and Hexen's monsters are even less accurate.

I know that, but still, wouldn't it be great if you could just call those two enemies by their names? ...wouldn't it?

I'm not changing it. Doing so could potentially break compatibility with old wads, etc.

Dammit, and I just got round to DLing 95f.

Still, with a list of changes like that, it looks to be worthwhile.

But what happened to "I for one hope this is the last one. I'd really like to get started on 96, which of course, will have the new and improved bots!" (about 95f)

Must... have... bots... :-)

Enjay said:

Dammit, and I just got round to DLing 95f.

Still, with a list of changes like that, it looks to be worthwhile.

But what happened to "I for one hope this is the last one. I'd really like to get started on 96, which of course, will have the new and improved bots!" (about 95f)

Must... have... bots... :-)

I *DID* hope 95f would be the last one :) But, I felt more changes were needed before I considered v95 to be done.

Enjay said:

But what happened to "I for one hope this is the last one. I'd really like to get started on 96, which of course, will have the new and improved bots!"

I managed to find a bug... or two.

Nanami said:

I managed to find a bug... or two.

Just make sure you find them all before 95g is actually released :P

I'm workin' on it... also working on the rage rune and belphegor sprites... and ZooM... and slige map... and Hell project...

Carnevil said:

! - Custom names are now allowed in oldschool mode (no more "Green", "Indigo", etc.).

WHAT?!?

^What he said. "Spray: Is turbo!" just doesn't feel the same as "Green: Is turbo!".

It's those Doom2.exe users. First there's too many features, then there's not enough features, they're never happy.

Doom2 users: "Wah, there's too many features and I can't be assed to turn them off."

Carnevil: "Okay, I made a version that only has the oldshcool stuff."

Doom2 users: "Wah, I can't go to the console or have my own name."

Carnevil: "..."