Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord FlatHead

Doom 3 killer ?

http://news.dailytelefrag.com/?action=view&mode=id&year=2001&month=09&day=14&id=17.32.24

Check out these shots and a video of a FPS that's currently in development by those crazy Russians : Kreed. That video looks pretty fantastic - in fact, it pretty much matches my vision of how Doom 3 will look. The shadowing doesn't look quite as dramatic, and there's no Dot3 bumpmapping over all surfaces in the world (the water does use a form of bumpmapping for cool environment reflection effects). But other than that, it looks like another competitor to Doom3 in the graphics department (next to Unreal 2 and Unreal Warfare).

Those pics look sweet.
But On close inspection all they look like is
Quake 3 with GeForce 3 lighting capabilities
But, I am very impressed.
Good job whoever's makin it.

/Edit.
On a Seond Veiwing I see a very Unreal style feel to those pic's as well.
The Game does look good. that's for sure.
but prolly not a Doom III killer

Nice graphics, but Doom III still looks better. And remember we're still a long way off from even a test version of Doom III.

The lighting is OK, but doesn't have the subtle shading effects that were presented in the doom III movie clips. The other thing is...we don't know if it's real time, as in: are they just really damn good looking lightmaps, or can they have dynamic sources?

I thought this one was called Breed.

Oh well, it's still an X-box title, right? That means it's inexistant for me.

Yeah, the shots don't look that good, and check the stuff over there, seems like some of them are like photoshoped or something.

Just Going through those Unreal 2 pics.
SHIT! They are fucking incredible!

One more title to add to my
I WANT THEM NOW list

Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Duke Nukem Forever
Unreal 2
WarCraft 3
DooM 3
Need for speed: Motor City Online. (But only if there is a single player bit. There bloody well should be, not everyone has broadband yet :()
Half Life 2
Counter Strike SP (Yes seriously. It Might be good)

And Quite a few more that I can't remember..:|

Yeah, I hope so too. If those rumours are right. tho
If they are Sierra and Valve have done a good job of
keeping it secret.
They did that with the original HL too didn't they?

It's Gonna BE AWESOME.

But if the rumour is false. well :(
The only problem with HL2 is story.
Considering all three veiw points of the current story
Who stars in the new one?
Where is it set? considering Black Mesa got nuked.

Can't wait to find out.
BRING ON HL2

Picture this: Gordon Freeman in a 5000 dollar suit, working for the G man (Damien Smith). He goes out on a brand, new mission and it goes to hell (as usual). He asks himself;"why me??"

Then you'll have to fight through monsters, God, no aliens please. I don't want to laugh myself trough this one too.

If Sierra and Valve releases a second Opposing Force then Adrian Sheppard will probably work for mr.Smith too, considering his conversation with him at the end of the game. But these are just my thoughts...

Did you make his name up?
Coz as far as I know Gman's name was Administator or G-Man

Aliens?
What aliens.
It's an alternate reality.
A "border world"
Blue Shift Explains it.
I recommend Blue Shift. I do.
It's good. Tho short.

The Teleports in half life needed A sideway's Zone.
which was what Xen was. However the Inhabitants of Xen were NOT happy with this.
And Attacked.

As Far as I can tell.
Going on the fact that G-Man Nuked Black Mesa
I think the scientists were researching something they shouldn't of. and the Government set the G-Man in to sort it out. Which he did.

I also think he blew up Xen as well.
But we will find out

The thing is that the new alien race that appeard from Opposing Force did NOT come from Xen.

They were pissed off at the old Xen race, but why? So Sheppard is on his way to Black Mesa, he finds Freeman but he couldn't go after him in that teleporter at level A in the Lambda Complex.

I haven't played Blue Shift yet but I will at some point. I've heard that you escape from Black Mesa with a few scientists, right?

I believe that Freeman and Sheppard will unite in HL2 or Opposing Force 2 some how.

I forgot about them.
The Shock Troopers.
Where did they come from?
It looked like Xen.

Shepard's team were sposed to look for Freeman.
But then the Shit hit the fan and Shepards team crash.
They arrive after Freeman got Captured, (round about)
and Then had to fight the're way out.

Blue SHift. Play it.
Barney Does escape with a few scientists
In a funny outro too.
I think it was.

Early in Blue Shift there is a Reference
to SHepards team.

Also, both shepard and Freeman were "dealt with"
So we don't know what happened to them, but they might turn up. MIGHT

Ofcourse they'll show up in HL2 (Freeman only I suppose), they both are the two main rolls in this whole story.

They started to work for the administrator of Black Mesa, the guy nukes the entire area, get's away with it and hires Freeman and Sheppard.

Calhoun escapes with a few scientists before the area was nuked by the Gman luckily. I can't imagine a fourth part of the story, can you?

I'm not really surprised with Unreal 2 graphics. I love them, of course, and I fucking want that game cause it's way different from Unreal's SP. But they're just today FPSs with an improved lightmap system and a fuckload more of polygons. Natural evolution if you take a look at FPSs progress throught the last few years...

I think Kreed is looking impressive...but hmm, the Unreal 2 Pictures are a little bit above normal...
Maybe that its because kreed has a movie.

Does "Anal Rape" Ring a bell? Cuz that's what D3's gonna do to this game. Still, it looks pretty sweet, but most of it could be done in Q3 IMO. The watery shot looked awsome tho :)

You can still BUY Unr2 even if you don't have a GF3. I'm sure nobody would mind, except for die hard unreal fans in the event of an Unreal2 shortage :)