population concerns  

21 members have voted

1. 1. population concerns

• population should become a focus
    • population control is not important
    • not sure

Quast said:

How stupid is that?

Beyond the level of your complete misinformation.

m0l0t0v said:

Actually WE, the First World are the problem.

What, America's not a third world country? Since when? :P

* listens to Godspeed You Black Emperor! - BBF3 again

My math teacher told me that in 50 years the world's population will double and this pattern will continue untill the world blows up from being too full! It needs to cut down on its eating! 1-800-Jenny20!

Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Like ever so often, like an invisible hand looming ominously above us, the J curve of population curve will inevitably flatten out due to unprecedented circumstances. Children are considered liabilities anyways nowadays, the third world will catch on soon enough.

Don't fret.

Nanami said:

Create superintelligent superhuman furries and kill everyone but them (and me). Problem solved!

But of course, that's the only way to go. Those humans are too stupid to realize it. :P

I'm certainly doing my part to stop the growth rate.

*continues to sit at home in silence without a girlfriend*

Whoo, shit, that was my laugh for the day. Nice one, man.

and i have no problems with the US loaning out food that can be paid back for later.

Ha ha. Ha ha ha.

I couldnt even walk into Canada. Or Mexico for that matter.

This is one of the most redicuous things I've heard anyone say. There are very, very, VERY large sections of border where you can cross from one country to another. Hopefully you meant "legally".

imperialist world that condones and supports large scale racism, child labor, exploitation and genocide

How 'bout some examples, 'cause honestly I don't know what you're talking about.

Grimm said:

This is one of the most redicuous things I've heard anyone say. There are very, very, VERY large sections of border where you can cross from one country to another. Hopefully you meant "legally".

Umm, well for one I'd probably die of exposure or dehydration before I got there if I was just walking due to the fact that the open part of the borders are untamed wilderness. Plus, because of deportation, etc. that Molotov and I mentioned earlier, I'd probably get caught and sent back. Also, I wouldnt be able to find any good work because only sweatshops will hire anyone who isnt a legal citizen. That was a very bad troll.

Ct_red_pants said:

Obviously we need to encourage homosexuality

Loads my ak47 and sits in a bunker 100 feet underground.

Tyockell said:

Loads my ak47 and sits in a bunker 100 feet underground.

You're a dipshit, and probably a closet homosexual to boot.

Hahahaha!

That reminds me of this one time... I was going out with some people I didn't know and a friend of mine. I make sure to introduce myself to everyone, then I had to step out of the car to get something real quick. Apparently, just after I left, this guy Carlos turned to my friend and said "Oh my GOD, he is SO CUTE!" I was kinda flattered. We had a good laugh about that one later.

Um, he ended up kinda trying to hit on me a few times though. I never caught it on account o' the alcohol.

ravage said:

We should colonize Mars and fuck that planet up too.

No, let's go to Phobos first...

Nanami said:

No, let's go to Phobos first...

Oddly enough, I was referring to Total Recall.

Ultraviolet said:

You're a dipshit, and probably a closet homosexual to boot.

Im sorry if I offended you faggot but guess what go fuck yourself with a bent fuckin spoon you fuckin cum guzzler.

Population, like a lot of things in life, has its good and bad. First, a large population inherently presents certain problems like an increased demands on resources and space. However, we need to understand that human wealth is generated by human effort. Natural resources cannot be optimally exploited without organized human effort. For example, sweden is a country with not much natural resources but through good organization of human effort, we get sufficient wealth so that the swedish people live rather comfortably. Another example of the point would be resource rich but badly managed Africa. Now, it is possible to manage human effort so that it creates wealth in abundance and it is also possible to completely direct human effort towards wasteful ends, e.g. war. So, a black and white solution that gives simplistic solutions to systemic problems is very misleading. It is not good to call for depopulation of areas that are suffering, this is the mentality of putting down sick dumb animals and not suitable for humans because humans resent being put down (this is because they are not dumb and may just come over and say so in a not so polite manner). It is better to address the human resource management issues that are contributing to that problem. Calls for depopulation, ideas of genetic or cultural superiority, mass migration to preceived "safe zones", only creates more problems. The global system of paying patronage to the person with the biggest gun, needs enlighted reform. Question is, will the man with the big gun rather shoot the starving man or would he rather sit down with him and work out the problems.

Igor9 said:

For example, sweden is a country with not much natural resources but through good organization of human effort, we get sufficient wealth so that the swedish people live rather comfortably.

Organization and human effort matter and have always mattered, but the bit about natural resources is plain wrong. Sweden's wood and iron resources were primary factors behind the success of our industrialization.

Ok so Sweden and Africa are resource rich countries and the difference is that Sweden is better organized than Africa.

"The West" is better managed than "Africa". Should "Africa" be depopulated? No. Should "The West" wage global war? No.
Should "The West" engage "Africa" in an enlighted way taking into consideration that it is the mismanagement of human resource and not simple population density that is creating problems in Africa? Yes. Should "Africa" learn from "The West" about how to manage human resource? Yes.

Tyockell said:

Im sorry if I offended you faggot but guess what go fuck yourself with a bent fuckin spoon you fuckin cum guzzler.

You're clearly delusional. The only cock I've had in my mouth was your mom's.

You're giving my opinion that you are a closet homosexual more fuel with your anti-homosexual rage.

That was a very bad troll.

I wasn't trolling, rabbit. Calm the fuck down. If read the last line, you'd see that it says:

Hopefully you meant "legally".

This line means to imply: "If you meant you couldn't legally walk into either of the aforementioned countries, you're right." I'm not nearly interested in trolling.

Speaking as someone who lives in England, I find the notion of America needing population control laughable I'm afraid.

Grazza said:

Please note that this thread is not going to become a "Grimm vs someone" battle.

I meant it. Only one solution then... OK, maybe there are two.