Rich

Shampaign Jam - UV Max

From my text:

shamjam5.wad by Sparkle Tom
UV Max 111% kills/100% secrets
recorded using legacy 1.40

rjam1600.lmp
time 16:00

This map was design by a friend I use to test for back in 1998.

I remembered it being a lot of fun to play so I pulled it out and did this lmp last December, 2002 which ended up much better than my original one from 1998.

Looking at it now I see there is still room for improvement, especially in the area of wasted movement, but I think it's interesting enough to post.

Plenty of monsters including cybers, archviles, revenants, etc. etc. and good gameplay opportunities.

Maybe I'll get around to recording it again.

Note: Please ignore any lmps you may find in the original zip as they may make you ill. Hopefully I've improved a bit since then.

rjam1600.zip

whoo, lots of Archvile action. funny how archviles often cause much more heartache than Cyberdemons.
I hope Mr. Sparkle is still around in the DOOM scene somewhere so he can see this; I think any author would want to see good demos on their maps.
lastly, "been in low spirits ever since The Groovy Ghoulies was cancelled." and "Mr Blue Sky" made me spit my drink out in laughter. :D
good demo. thanks for sharing.

Opulent said:

whoo, lots of Archvile action. funny how archviles often cause much more heartache than Cyberdemons.
I hope Mr. Sparkle is still around in the DOOM scene somewhere so he can see this; I think any author would want to see good demos on their maps.
lastly, "been in low spirits ever since The Groovy Ghoulies was cancelled." and "Mr Blue Sky" made me spit my drink out in laughter. :D
good demo. thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your comments and for watching.

I haven't heard from Jim (Sparkle) for a couple of years. We use to have great fun working on his wads. He was always good at setting up gameplay and loved to use the tougher monsters. A very funny guy who loved to build wads and watch demos. I miss working with him.

Searcher said:

My Gosh, there is death lurking around every corner in that one.

Nice Job Rich. Tough map.

Thanks for watching. :)