Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carnevil

Skulltag v0.95h: CONNECTING TO/RUNNING SERVERS

Hey all. Just some quick things about connecting to, and running servers.

HOSTING SERVERS

First, to host a server, simply run skulltag with -host. So, at the command prompt:

skulltag.exe -host

will launch a server. I also included a bunch of config files with the release, that you can use to easily configure your servers. For example:

skulltag.exe -host +exec dmst.cfg

will launcher a server executing the dmst.cfg file, which will setup a deathmatch game. To see everything that dmst.cfg, or any of the supplied config files do (and to edit them), simply open them up in notepad.

A few other quick notes:

sv_hostname sets the server's name as shown on launchers.
sv_motd sets the message of the day, seen by people who join your servers.

CONNECTING TO SERVERS

Simply load up IDE.exe, and connect to the server of your choice. The Skulltag v0.95e master server is located at skulltag.kicks-ass.net:15100.

NEW FOR 95H!

Now, all you have to do is load Skulltag, and go to Multiplayer->Browser Servers, and all the active servers will display for you! Simply select the one you desire to go to, and join it!

Any questions?

Carnevil said:

Yes.

skulltag -host
skulltag -connect localhost

Hey, thanks. It's working. But when I join my server, it says, "Welcome to this Skulltag v0.95D Server."

eternal_DooMer said:

Hey, thanks. It's working. But when I join my server, it says, "Welcome to this Skulltag v0.95D Server."

He's got a point there. We live in the same house you see, so we experience the same problem.

I have Skulltag on my computer running Windows XP. No matter what I do, when I start a server the ping a and ping c are always n/a and I can't join them. I have a router(all ports are open) and a fast cable internet connection. What do I do to get the servers working?

I don't know what ICMP commands are. Could you possibly tell me how to allow them in excruciating detail? I have a Linksys(non-wireless)Router.

I keep trying to host a Skulltag game with IDE and every time the dos prompt comes up I get this error over and over: NETWORK_Launchpacket:Error #10013, WSAEACCES: Permission denied for address: 255.255.255.255:15101. I have no idea what this means and I need help. I used to be able to host servers fine, but all of a sudden it doesn't work. Is this just something with my router?

johnnyrules182 said:

I keep trying to host a Skulltag game with IDE and every time the dos prompt comes up I get this error over and over: NETWORK_Launchpacket:Error #10013, WSAEACCES: Permission denied for address: 255.255.255.255:15101. I have no idea what this means and I need help. I used to be able to host servers fine, but all of a sudden it doesn't work. Is this just something with my router?

Hmm...

Try running it with -nobroadcast and tell me if it works

Carnevil said:

Try running it with -nobroadcast

How might I do that? I'm not good with DOS commands. Man, am I useless.

If you're running it from a shortcut right click the shortcut icon and select Properties. The "Target" should say something like:

E:\dports\SKULLTAG\SKULLTAG.EXE (that's just where it's located on my comp)

Just add "-nobroadcast" to it so it's like this:

E:\dports\SKULLTAG\SKULLTAG.EXE -nobroadcast

I was having exactly the same problem, and -nobroadcast fixed it! :)

johnnyrules, you're not by any chance connecting to the 'net via a LAN and/or behind a firewall are you? If so, then this may well have something to do with it.

NiGHTMARE said:

I was having exactly the same problem, and -nobroadcast fixed it! :)

johnnyrules, you're not by any chance connecting to the 'net via a LAN and/or behind a firewall are you? If so, then this may well have something to do with it.

I am on a LAN(disabled the firewall), but I figured out my problem. I had DMZ hosting enabled for the wrong IP address :P. It works fine now, I have a server up and running.

johnnyrules182 said:

I am on a LAN(disabled the firewall), but I figured out my problem. I had DMZ hosting enabled for the wrong IP address :P. It works fine now, I have a server up and running.

Hmm... that's interesting.

Anyway, just for future reference, you can run ST with -nobroadcast, or set sv_broadcast to false. That way you don't have to set -nobroadcast every time.

[W4GH4X] said:
hi

i use firewall and i want to know

wich one is the port that ST use to connect?

Servers by default use 10666. Clients use 10667.

What about hosting a game with pwads? How is that done? I can't get IDE to do it right :P

johnnyrules182 said in the post RIGHT ABOVE YOURS ICONOFSIN:
You'll get more replies faster if you post at Skulltag.com.