Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thehappycommunist

if you could replace the punch attack with any other close quarters weapon......

What can I say, the man like's his signature.

I'd replace it with the ability to smack enemies upside the head with the shotgun. I'm planning on making it possible with a little project I'm working on...

Or I'd like it if you could pick up severed zombie arms and use them. Like, after getting a chainsaw kill or something.

In Zdoom, it's possible to use weapons from other supported games in Doom. So that makes things like the Hexen fighter punch and cleric mace available. And LilWhiteMouse has already used a weapon (the fighters axe I think) to simulate ripped off Orc arms in a mod she did.

Thehappycommunist said:

SHAVIRO SAID: Why did you post your signature? O_o

What can i say? I AM PERFECT!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!1

Please read the F.A.Q before posting again!

Enjay said:

In Zdoom, it's possible to use weapons from other supported games in Doom. So that makes things like the Hexen fighter punch and cleric mace available. And LilWhiteMouse has already used a weapon (the fighters axe I think) to simulate ripped off Orc arms in a mod she did.

what mod was that?

if you could replace the punch attack with any other close quarters weapon......what would you choose?

Something that doesn't miss and go straight through monsters at point blank range...

**wonders if this is the first time in the doomworld forums history that someone has made 3 threads, one on top of the other...**

Anyway, to answer your question, I would give the guy an arm that is basicaly a hand-turned-into-biting-thing-of-death type of thing. Basicaly, you smash it into your opponent, and it bites them to death. That simple...that goory...and that much FUN!

Enjay said:

Just for the sake of information, legacy actually supports using heretic codeps/things/frames and has done for a while. Except no-one knew until a couple of days ago... I expect the same will go for Hexen once the c++ version is released.

Anyway, apart from that, I think a colourful jack-in-the-box would be pretty cool for some kind of surreal insane asylum mod.

DOOM Anomaly said:

U... zu... ma... ki! Naruto Rendan! :D
Well, I think it'd be neato, since it starts out close it still counts! :D

Keep that anime crap away from me O_O

AND KILL THAT GODDAMN TITLE DIE COMMIE

Sir Blastalot said:

**wonders if this is the first time in the doomworld forums history that someone has made 3 threads, one on top of the other...**

Hardly. We've had people make something like a dozen (maybe even more) posts in a row before.

Either pistol-whip the enemy or smack him with the butt of the shotgun (a la certain WWII FPS games these days).

Barring that: claw hammer.

A well-aimed knee to the groin and a roundhouse to the side of the head would make a good fist replacer any day.

Ichor said:

I doubt that will work on something like a Cacodemon.

YOU take a claw hammer to the eyeball and see how it feels. :D

I suppose you couldn't very well knee a Caco in the groin, as he has none to start with, but a good, swift roundhouse to the face would at least damage it a little.
That is, if you could even get near him to kick him. More likely than not he would open his gaping maw and bite you in half :P

Stupid Duke3d had a kick, it was..stupid. However the double kick, where you get both legs going at once was awesome, especially the fact that Duke was suspended by nothing but his mighty asswind.

Replace the fist with the chainsaw and the chainsaw with an even more powerful chainsaw!

Or stuff from Hexen, since those are cool weapons.