Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sirjuddington

Lumpy

Well I've already posted this over at the ZDoom forums, but since it doesn't only apply to ZDoom I thought I'd post it here too. Lately I've been working on a little lump editor that can import any kind of file without complaining or converting it. There are also a couple of other features like mass importing and map previewing.

Anyway here 'tis:

http://earth.prohosting.com/~slyrh/files/Lumpy06.zip

The DOOM Bible says:
Lumpy grabs and links together lumps of related graphics.

Assmaster said:

I got a message saying that one of the files in the archive (COMDLG32.OCX) is outdated.

Did you copy it to your /Windows or /Windows/System directory?

Heh, so when I named it I didn't know there was already something called Lumpy, released or not :P

And COMDLG32.OCX is only included in case you don't already have Visual Basic installed. If you do there's no reason to extract it.

Yeah, I think the old Lumpy was one of the myriad utilities that was, so to speak, "killed by Wintex".

I think it was mentioned in Hank Leukart's Doom FAQ.

Fredrik said:

wow, you use forward slashes on swedish copies of windows? thanks a lot, learn something new every day. here's some trivia for you, we use backslashes here in the US.

and they do in canada and australia and the UK and germany and france and spain and brazil and mongolia too. just so you know.

Little Faith, no, the id guys used and created Lumpy during game development. This isn't the first time a user has independently and inadvertently produced an editing tool named like one the id guys had used; the first occurence being with the name DoomEd.

sargebaldy said:

wow, you use forward slashes on swedish copies of windows? thanks a lot, learn something new every day. here's some trivia for you, we use backslashes here in the US.

Here's a surprise for you: forward and backward slashes are identical to Windows' pathname parser, just like uppercase and lowercase letters are. Try it some time.

The reason why I'm using / instead of \, in case you're interested, is a combination of / being significantly easier to access on the Swedish keyboard, the habit from programming (many languages use \ as an escape character so you have to use \\ which is doubly painful) and some recent Linux usage.

Fredrik said:

You don't need to do that unless you permanently want the file on your system. As long as the .dll is in the same directory as the associated program, you are fine.

[earthquake->vb :]

EarthQuake said:

As long as the .dll is in the same directory as the associated program, you are fine.

Didn't work for me.