Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

The Ultimate Matrix Poll WARNING: CONTAINS MANY SPOILERS

Which Matrix movie do you like best?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which Matrix movie do you like best?

• The Matrix
    • The Matrix: Reloaded
    • Matrix: Revolutions
    • I hate all of the Matrix movies.

Even though some people are speaking their mind in the other Matrix thread, I thought a poll would be a good way to see who likes which movies the best... So, which Matrix movie is your favorite? Mine is the first. Definitely. Classic material.

Matrix Revolutions

My personal opinion of the first Matrix movie was that it was really good, but compared to Matrix Revolutions, slow, as it was the first movie and was really just used to place the setting and story into place for the other two to follow. Revolutions being the conclusion, I liked it best of the three. Although I must say Reloaded gets honorable mention from me because of The Twins. The Twins kicked ass.

AndrewB said:

The last option.

Closest to what I think, although I don't really "hate" them, I just think they're shallow and boring.

Fredrik said:

Closest to what I think, although I don't really "hate" them, I just think they're shallow and boring.

Same here.

I've only seen the first Matrix and it was damned cool, so I'll go with the first option.

Fredrik said: they're shallow [/B]

Heh, thats exactly the attraction for me.

"skip to the next fight sequence!"

Melfice: The Twins SUCKED ASS.

The Animatrix should be added to the poll, even though I haven't seen it. I'm told I should, though...

EDIT: With all these Matrix threads, we might as well just have a Matrix forum. :P

The first one of course. It's the only one which is truly well-conceived, well thought-out and isn't found wanting for several minutes at a time in the duration.

Matrix Revolutions.
Best special effects I've ever seen, combined with a more deeper story.

No sequel is as good as the original. The Matrix is no exception.

Aliens was the only exception ranking even with it's predecessor.

ravage said:

Aliens was the only exception ranking even with it's predecessor.

I like T2 more than the first Terminator, and Godfather II more than the original as well.

Regarding the Matrix movies, I don't think I really liked any of them. In terms of action though, Reloaded is the best. I couldn't be bothered to care about the plot, cos the main cast can't act better than planks of wood.

ravage said:

No sequel is as good as the original.

I guess you don't watch a lot of movies then.
Zoorado already gave a perfect example with T2 > T1.
Also, in my opinion: Die Hard III > Die Hard II > Die Hard I.
And X-Men2 > X-Men.

ravage said:

Aliens and The Empire Strikes Back, damnit.

I agree, T2 is better than the first one (I don't like T3 at all tho), and I liked Predator 2 better than the first one, and ESB is the best star wars movie imo. Hm, Die Hard 3 I also liked best, but I think the first is better than the second, shrug. I also disagree with Aliens, I like the first one more than the second, it was way creepier.

Cyb said:

I also disagree with Aliens, I like the first one more than the second, it was way creepier.

The first one lacked comic relief.

Cyb said:

I agree, T2 is better than the first one (I don't like T3 at all tho)

Same here.

and I liked Predator 2 better than the first one

??? Predator 2 is awful.

I also disagree with Aliens, I like the first one more than the second, it was way creepier.

I love both movies, Alien for the creepiness, but Aliens is IMO slightly better (in any case, this was actually about movies being as good as the original, not necessarily better).

Fredrik said:

Same here.

??? Predator 2 is awful.

I love both movies, Alien for the creepiness, but Aliens is IMO slightly better (in any case, this was actually about movies being as good as the original, not necessarily better).

Heh, I like both Predator movies, but the first one is just a bunch of guys in a jungle blowing crap up and then getting picked off one by one by some alien that's too fast (and nearly invisible) for them to catch or fight. Sort of a replay of the first Alien movie, except in a jungle. I do like how there's almost zero dialogue in the last quarter or so of the movie, but that aside it just seems like a rehash of Alien to me, even though it is pretty cool.

I liked the second one because there was stuff going on what with the drug wars and gang rilvaries, though the depiction of LA was a bit odd at times, and I think Danny Glover did a better job than Arnold in the first. Also the final chase scene where they're running through apartments and the predator gets his hand sliced off was great, and they end up in his ship eventually, good stuff me thinks. Plus Gary Busey was in it, and Gary Busey is just the man ;)

As for Aliens, also good, but I still think the first one was better. That girl Newt or whatever her name was annoyed the crap out of me, and the movie over all went for more of a 'wow cool look at all the aliens' factor rather than trying to scare you (but I suppose they're really scifi movies before horror movies, but the first one is certainly capable of being both), though I did think the queen alien vs ripley battle was quite awesome.

Ultraviolet said:

[Alien] lacked comic relief.

"Right. Here Jonesy... here Jonesy..."

/me craps himself with fear

You're probably right.

Anyway, The Matrix beats Reloaded and Revolutions hands down, even though the latter is much better than the former. I was disappointed by the fact that Revolutions left us back in the beginning... the purpose of the war against the Machines was to destroy them, not achieve balance.

...as it was the first movie and was really just used to place the setting and story into place for the other two to follow.

I can't remember, but did they really pen all three movies prior to getting the green light for the matrix? As I remember it was the success of the matrix which got them their artistic freedom for the latter two. Imho, the first one is a great stand alone film, with many elements lost in the sequels, which is a great deal more than the foundations of a trilogy.

Zoorado already gave a perfect example with T2 > T1.
Also, in my opinion: Die Hard III > Die Hard II > Die Hard I.
And X-Men2 > X-Men.

This is all down to opinion of course- generally sequels suck but occasionally they don't. IMHO though all three examples here are nonsense :) I'd take aliens, and perhaps lethal weapon 2/3 over 1; starwars and indiana jones as better examples.