Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Sympathy for the Devil

Sympathy for the Devil (i.e. Rush)?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Sympathy for the Devil (i.e. Rush)?

• Yes, the poor guy deserves a fruit basket.
    • No, what happened is nothing remarkable and any attention is encouragement.
    • Hell no. The man criticized drug users maliciously and now he\'s one of us. I laugh at the irony.
    • /me cares not

Do you think that Rush Limbaugh deserves consolation, sympathy and admiration for his personal struggle with drug abuse?

Tetzlaff said:

Who´s Rush Limbaugh?

An American conservative radio talk-show host (well-known for being viciously anti-drug-use) who recently came back to host his show after publicly admitting pain-killer abuse.

Fredrik said:

One of the best songs ever (Beggar's Banquet version).

I have to admit, I'm a fan of tasteful plays on words. Good song indeed, though. First time I heard it was in Interview With the Vampire.

To even mention Limbaugh in the same sentance as that song is an insult to the Rolling Stones.
He was and always will be a worthless windbag, never educating his listeners or constructively approaching any topic; just the kind of person who gives political idealism a bad name.

I think it's rather hypocritical of a person to rag on people who abuse drugs, then he turns around and gets addicted to them himself. The man deserves a stiff kick in the ass.

Rush is an object lesson in the hypocracy of American conservatives. If anything, he deserves to catch more shit than he's getting.

Hell, his "Boo hoo, I'm a very bad boy" act is getting him even more support from the uneducated public.

He deserves some sympathy if he learned the lesson. (The lesson to learn being that drug abusers are people too and deserves some kind of respect, even if you don't like the drugs they are taking).

Little Faith said:

He deserves some sympathy if he learned the lesson. (The lesson to learn being that drug abusers are people too and deserves some kind of respect, even if you don't like the drugs they are taking).

They talked about that on the news and surmised that Rush, being a conservative and all, will be staunch about his prior beliefs regarding drug users. He'll just make sure to mention them less so as to avoid looking the hypocrite.

Rush Limbaugh is a major ass. I can only laugh at his plight after all the crap he's talked about.

Ct_red_pants said:

why do people bother with "I don't care" options? if you don't care, don't vote.

Because it's annoying to see the poll there every time you open the thread. I just want to see the results!

Rush is a complete asshole! The man deserves no sympathy at all. Hell, he doesn't deserve any sympathy or respect at all. What a %&$#@!* bastard! It's a pity he's not rotting in some prison cell with a big guy named Bubba right now. My God, I'd be laughing my ass off just about now if that happened.