Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IMJack

They're on to you, fodders

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,12780,1086413,00.html

Home Secretary David Blunkett has refused to grant diplomatic immunity to armed American special agents and snipers travelling to Britain as part of President Bush's entourage this week.

In the case of the accidental shooting of a protester, the Americans in Bush's protection squad will face justice in a British court as would any other visitor, the Home Office has confirmed.

The issue of immunity is one of a series of extraordinary US demands turned down by Ministers and Downing Street during preparations for the Bush visit.

[snip]

The Americans had also wanted to travel with a piece of military hardware called a 'mini-gun', which usually forms part of the mobile armoury in the presidential cavalcade. It is fired from a tank and can kill dozens of people. One manufacturer's description reads: 'Due to the small calibre of the round, the mini-gun can be used practically anywhere. This is especially helpful during peacekeeping deployments.'

So fods, the direct-approach to waxing Bush is not going to work. You're going to have to be more careful. I wish you luck, and remember, we will disavow any knowledge of your existence should you fail or be captured.

IMJack said:
[BSo fods, the direct-approach to waxing Bush is not going to work. You're going to have to be more careful. I wish you luck, and remember, we will disavow any knowledge of your existence should you fail or be captured. [/B]

My plan is to get him to learn Karate then salute him and watch him kill himself returning salute.

Ah yes, the mini-gun. The ultimate weapon in crowd control. Gets the whole crowd.

fodders said:

My plan is to get him to learn Karate then salute him and watch him kill himself returning salute.

You know, it might just work.

IMJack said:

It is fired from a tank and can kill dozens of people. ...the mini-gun can be used practically anywhere. This is especially helpful during peacekeeping deployments.'

Yes, I know what they are saying there, but I always find it funny to see things like "kill dozens of people" and "peacekeeping" used together.

I also love the BAE Systems slogan of "innovating for a safer world". A marvellous slogan for a company that makes weapons of death and destruction. Although, you may have to look closely at their websites to realise that's what they do, because most of the time they just talk about their "systems". Heh, even people who work for BAE know the slogan is a crock. Although I did hear one guy come out with the argument "weapons don't kill people, people kill people". However, he quickly added "I just make it a damn sight easier for them to do it".

For some reason this is reminding me of the sentace: "Three years ago you assulted a superior officer for ordering his soldiers to fire upon civilians."

the_Danarchist said:

Ah yes, the mini-gun. The ultimate weapon in crowd control. Gets the whole crowd.

nah, mini-nuke does a better job. but mini-gun makes more carnage

There are 1 kiloton warheads that fit in artillery shells IIRC...

Anyway fodders, just run naked across the podium, hopefully you'll give him a heart attack or a stroke, or at least cataracts ;)

Laura to George, "What WAS Fodders wearing then dear?"
Bush: "No idea my love, but whatever it was, it sure needed ironing!"

All I know is I'm going nowhere near London or wherever else he's staying whilst he's here.

Americans. First they dump their old radioactive ships on us, then their moving-target president! Oh, the humanity!

In the meantime, the streets of London will be totally devoid of police (who are all trying desperately to show their utmost commitment to protecting America's world domination planner from the 57 million people who want to kill him...yeah right) so the invitation is perfect for a metropolitan crime wave. On top of that he plans to come to Blair's constituency (not too far from me) and befriend the war widows and stuff. (oops, bad idea - maybe he's planning a lecture on the merits of capitalism)

Perhaps he could pay a visit to the ghost ships (which are in my back yard of course) while he's up here...

Enjay regards the whole phenomenon from a reasonably safe distance of around about 600 miles.

fodders said:

Possibly the greatest idea ever to grace the Doomworld forums (I'm just waiting for someone to dispute me on this).

And by the way, just what the hell's so damn mini about a minigun anyway?

750 secret service guys, 14,000 police on duty, God knows how many shady security operatives, MI6 or NID17 etc, and A granny evades them all, climbs gates to Buckingham Palace, hangs upside down American flag on gates and sits atop gates for 2 hours tonight! Way to go, bet Bush feels real safe :P

alexz721 said:

And by the way, just what the hell's so damn mini about a minigun anyway?

Basicaly, the concept of a minigun is putting a ton of tiny calibur barrels together to make one big gun. So yeah...

Considering the destructive capabilities, I'd say a minigun seems pretty mini. It's no bigger than a regular heavy machinegun, but much, much more powerful. Of course, it's pretty big for a handheld weapon which is exactly why it isn't handheld at all :-P

fodders said:

I doubt that would work. Or at least you'll need to slip a hammer or some other blunt object into his hand to get through the hard head.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

(oops, bad idea - maybe he's planning a lecture on the merits of capitalism)

You're assuming, of course, that he's capable of this.

pritch said:

Americans. First they dump their old radioactive ships on us, then their moving-target president! Oh, the humanity!

Hey, we've gotta get rid of him SOMEHOW. I think if he moves around enough he'll be killed, it's just a matter of probability...