Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Young Thugs

Why do the "gangster" (see young white boys who have their mothers pay for their baggy clothes) thug boys and girls seem to be so angry about everything? Anyone who is still attending public schools will probably take notice in this the most. Discuss!

but why are they morons? Is it because of society's junkshit that's constantly pumped out of television,radio, and internet, or is it parents who don't know how to properly care for children and raise them with some morals? Is it both?!

Well, no. It is just as irresponsible to blame fashion/TV/music/parents as it is to blame violent behaviour on video games. The fact is people from everyone’s generation had their angry side, including hippies. Is just most people can stop themselves from doing something stupid with their frustration. On top of that, the media has a habit of airing stories about crimes committed by youth more then say, crimes committed buy people 25 and over, giving people the impression that young people are out of control, now, you may clam that you know several idiots in real life, but I think you will find that as you get older, you will find that random rage becomes a bit more universal, it’s just that adults do it behind closed doors (ie, to their familles).

So to get back to my first post: Because they’re morons. End discussion. :P

I dunno, it's usually not the "gangsta" kids that are angry, the "gangstas" just try to look tough and hard. It's the goth/punk kids that hate the world for really dumb reasons.

Anyone who hasnt graduated high school has no right to try to act mature. Unless of course they live in the ghetto or something.

Ralphis said:

but why are they morons?

Because they have the luxury to be morons. If they really had problems, issues, were oppressed, downtrodden and genuinely had a shitty time of it, they would be too busy trying to survive and get on with life. However, in the absence of any real problems, they have the opportunity to "make a stand" wear clothes that tell the world about their issues and shout about anything they want and genarally be assholes. The people with the real issues just don't have that chance. Despite how it sounds, I'm not actually saying there is anything actually wrong with that though.

lets support urban terrorism. well that what those "gangstas" are, urban terrorist, the real gangsters anyways, not the fake wannabes.

the problem is that american society has shown a lack of intrest in the youth and the wrong intrest in 'fake' threats. Ie, we paid so much attetion to communism we trained the enemies we are fighting today, the drug problems got violent and bloody under our noses and in our neck of the world and many other issues.
we then take pride in image, even if it is fake, over hard work and thought. in america it also doesnt matter how you get rich or attain your image, just as long as you do.
this is why so many countries dislike us.

it isnt the fault of 1 thing but more the fault of many small things that snowballed. and a solution is not easy as it involves re-working our society and its standards

PS such people are morons, a ganster/drung dealer/gang banger is not someone you want to be.

PS such people are morons, a ganster/drung dealer/gang banger is not someone you want to be.

Well, I'd hate to be a bigot like you.

Guess I'd better clarify. You automatically assume that just because somebody chooses this lifestyle, it's because they're a "moron". Some of them are actually quite intelligent, it's just that they don't use it.

BBG said:

I guess moron isnt the right word. but i dont know a better one. its just some people dont think about this stuff before they do it.

not being a bigot. i am saying i dont support such crimes. why would any one support those?
i mean come on. what is so damn cool about gang wars. What is cool about selling drugs. the life of a dealer is short and often violent.
do you have any idea how many innocent people die every year because they happened to be in the wrong place or live in a city filled with violence due to gang and drug activity?
How many of these gangs recruit young children and turn them into cold blooded monsters? Not to mention how many children get killed by these monsters.

You don't remember the violence caused by drug dealers in the 70's thru the 90's. hell they dont even teach you in school about it
I have already lost friends over drugs, and not pot.
I am not talking about those highschool kids who play the act, but have nothing to do with it. however if you play the act you may find your self dead. how many people do you think are dead beacuse they said the wrong thing about a gang, had wrong colored clothes, listen to the wrong thing or happened to be in the wrong place. Even if they had nothing to do with it or no idea what they had done.
what about those who are uninvolved who took a fall for a gang, dealer or runner.

A real gangster is not a hero, he is a criminal. he is not revolutionary, he is repulsive. he cares not about life and is only driven by greed and power.

its not a race issue. i know it dont matter what race you are.

even before, long before, 9/11 i have always considered people who preform such acts terrorists

BBG said:

Guess I'd better clarify. You automatically assume that just because somebody chooses this lifestyle, it's because they're a "moron". Some of them are actually quite intelligent, it's just that they don't use it.

Why the fuck not use it?

There aren't many people like so at the school I attend; Not too many 'thug' like people, though the ones that I see usualy are mean but some are actually pretty nice. I'm friends with one, and he was nice, despite I embarressed him in a School presentation by my dancing. :D One friend is somewhat like one, he shot me several times with a BB gun from point blank and chasing me in a car in a drive by shooting. :D

Kid Airbag said:

Why the fuck not use it?

I Don't. :D
But I'm no thug, or thumb or thimble.

DOOM Anomaly said:

I Don't. :D
But I'm no thug, or thumb or thimble.

There's a difference between not applying yourself to the point of not doing as well in school as you should or not applying yourself so that you fall into drug dealing and gangs and such. Maybe such people were at one point bright and intelligent people, but there's pretty much no excuse for choosing to get into the kind of life we're talking about. I mean, what does that kind of life gain you? Death at age 22, most likely.

i live in a small white racist hick town where blacks are hung for fun and the pigs, *cough* 'police officers' break more laws than the people. so we don't have very many thugs here. we're getting better though.

still, i have a similar situation with the hicks and the preps/punkers. the preps have no real grasp on reality, and the punkers don't have a fucking clue what they're talking about.

then again i don't know what this thread is about.

heh. spam. :P

Ralphis said:

...or is it parents who don't know how to properly care for children and raise them with some morals?

Yes. Few parents raise their children with information on the issues facing people today, like racism, poverty, homosexuality. It is now the public school's job to raise children, and then the parents to bitch about how the teachers have it easy and are ruining their children.

I'm venting howver, there are far too many factors. Many families and single mothers can't afford to raise their children, as they must be at work all day to earn a living. And as long as (American Republicans) continue to roll back the social reform of the 20th century, it'll only get worse. No more Medicare, Day care, child care, PUBLIC EDUCATION... (Vouchers will do away with that) ...only one of the most important programs EVER sponsored by the government. I'll be out on the streets without a job when they can all public teachers.

*sigh* heh turning a punk debate into a politcal one... heh BBG's right, it's just a lifestyle :P

I don't mind the gangster youth... it's the goths/punks/freaks that bother me. I observe them, and they just get angry and ANYTHING and EVERYTHING for no real reason. I keep hearing them wanting Anarchy, but when I ask why, they don't have a real reason. Not to mention the fact that all they care about is themselves and their hate for anything not in their lifestyle. I do hang out with them, but it's confusing. The only things they care about are pot, shrooms, their depressing slipknot-esque bands, and their anger, and their grades reflect that. It pisses me off to see such a waste of youth.

As soon as I get out of high school, I'm gonna watch to see what they make of their lives. I'm sure they could find a good career, but I'm just curious to see if the little voices in my head are right and that they aren't gonna amount to anything on their pile of angst they built. Gah, I have too much anger in me. Stupid high school.

Dunbar said:

I don't mind the gangster youth... it's the goths/punks/freaks that bother me. I observe them, and they just get angry and ANYTHING and EVERYTHING for no real reason. Not to mention the fact that all they care about is themselves and their hate for anything not in their lifestyle.The only things they care about are pot, shrooms, their depressing slipknot-esque bands, and their anger, and their grades reflect that.

Not all goths/punks or whatever are like that. I, for example fit into this category of people, as do most of my friends. If I'm angry with something I just go, "Oh well, shit happens." I don't sit and complain and bitch about things. People who blame the world or other people for their problems are weak idiots, then again, there are a select few who've actually been mistreated by society or whatever. Goth is supposed to be like this (Well, to me, anyways); you're your own person, make your own rules, f*ck everyone else. Here's most goth's point of view; I'm goth, I have a reason to complain about stuff that nobody in their right mind would bother to believe or give a crap about. I hate people who are like this that make me look like an idiot because I'm goth, too.

Haha, this thread reminded me of when I was out to the movies, I saw this little boy aboot 2 years of age or so, wearing all this baggy jazz with this big gold chain that said "PIMP" on the bottom on it, I just couldn't help but laugh. I wanna see a mini-MC Hammer! :D

It's Hammer-Time! :D

Dunbar said:

I don't mind the gangster youth... it's the goths/punks/freaks that bother me.

Well considering, a gangster type is dangerous (friend of mine and myself where mugged once by these types)

Your logic flawed..

"Those murders dont bother me, but those j-walkers give me the heebee-jebees"

I have a few goth friends who are not that bad, but they label themselves as happy goths.

The whole idea is that, whatever floats your boat is cool with most people by anymeans, but when you start causing troubles and harming your fellow creatures.. then you need to have a emergency endyourlifeandpleasedontbreed procedure.

fodders said:

Mods

They still exist? :P I've never heard anybody under the age of 18 use the term "mod." I think it's a youth-culture unknown now.

Dunbar said:

I don't mind the gangster youth... it's the goths/punks/freaks that bother me.

First off, goths and punks are nothing alike. Second of all, most goths who claim to be goth couldn't even begin to tell you what the hell goth is. Same goes for punks. Most kids who claim to be goth or punk are just trying to fit in with what they think is a downtrodden lifestyle because they have such pain or anger (or as I say, angst/kiddie drama) in their lives. Goth has no real definition, but it's definitely a more mature style than what these kids have made it out to be, yet it seems all these young immature goth kids you see are rich white kids who shouldn't have shit to complain about but just need to be noticed. As far as punk goes, sure, it's angry music; sure, it has anarchist messages, but it's not all about that. It's just a form of expression. It doesn't mean, hey, let's go overthrow the government. I myself enjoy punk music, so I feel a little obligated to defend it. But hell, most of these punk kids are dolts who think that if they spike their hair, dress in "punk clothes" (i.e. - designer punk clothes they bought at some expensive as fuck outlet; what the hell is that?), and act angry and anarchistic all the time, that they know what punk is. Ask them to explain punk's message (which I admit even I have trouble doing), and they'll stare at you like you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Or, we have singers like Avril Lavigne who claim to be punk. For God's sake, in an interview she admitted that she had no idea who The Clash and The Ramones are! We have a whole new pop punk generation coming out, which isn't necessarily bad, because I like a few of the bands, but it's lost the true meaning, not to mention sound of punk, because essentially, it is no longer what punk music used to be.

And don't even get me started on emo kids.

Anyway, this post turned out to be longer than I intended, and it's not very well written, and I jumped between a lot of points, but I hope I make sense.

Punk + Goth = Rivethead

Anyway, I knew this girl who I'd consider a real punk. She bought all her clothes at Value Village, where shirts cost $1 and pants cost $2 (though she was once made fun of by some elitist asshole rivetheads at a KMFDM concert for wearing used Old Navy jeans she found in a bargain bin for like a dollar though she never noticed the label). She also made new clothes out of her old clothes, which was awesome. She listened to all kinds of music, though she was very familiar with oldskool punk. She also didnt give a crap about fitting in or cliques or anything and hated anything remotely biased toward anyone (she spent a week beating herself up because she accidently reffered to this guy as "black"). She was awesome, and that's probably why I was in love with her. :/

--------------------
Album: The Eminem Show (2002)
Song: Sing For The Moment

Verse 1
These ideas are nightmares for white parents, whose worst fear is a child with dyed hair and who likes earrings
Like whatever they say has no bearing, it's so scary in a house that allows no swearing
to see him walking around with his headphones blaring, alone in his own zone, cold and he don't care
He's a problem child, and what bothers him all comes out, when he talks about, his fuckin' dad walkin' out
cuz he just hates him so bad that he blocks him out. If he ever saw him again he'd probably knock him out
His thoughts are wacked, he's mad so he's talkin' back, talkin' black, brainwashed from rock and rap
He sags his pants, do-rags and a stocking cap, his step-father hit him, so he socked him back
and broke his nose, his house is a broken home. There's no control, he just let's his emotions go...

Chorus
C'mon! Sing with me (Sing!)
Sing for the year (Sing It)
Sing for the laughter
sing for the tear (C'mon!)
Sing it with me
Just for today
Maybe tomorrow
The good Lord will take you away...

Verse 2
Entertainment is changin', intertwinin' with gangstas, in the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum
holy or unholy, only have one homie, only this gun, lonely cuz don't anyone know me
Yet everybody just feels like they can relate, I guess words are a mothafucka they can be great
or they can degrate, or even worse they can teach hate
It's like these kids hang on every single statement we make, like they worship us
plus all the stores ship us platinum, now how the Fuck did this metamorphosis happen?
From standin' on corners and porches just rappin'; to havin' a fortune, no more kissin' ass
But then these critics crucify you, journalists try to burn you, fans turn on you, attorneys all want a turn at you
To get they hands on every dime you have, they want you to lose your mind every time you mad
So they can try to make you out to look like a loose cannon. Any dispute won't hesitate to produce handguns
That's why these prosecutors wanna convict me, strictly just to get me off of these streets quickly
But all they kids be listenin' to me religiously, so I'm signin' CDs while police fingerprint me
They're for the judge's daughter but his grudge is against me. If I'm such a fuckin' menace, this shit doesn't make sense B
It's all political, if my music is literal, and I'm a criminal how the fuck can I raise a little girl?
I couldn't. I wouldn't be fit to. You're full of shit too, Guerrera, that was a fist that hit you!

Chorus

Verse 3
They say music can alter moods and talk to you, well can it load a gun up for you , and cock it too?
Well if it can, then the next time you assault a dude, just tell the judge it was my fault and I'll get sued
See what these kids do is hear about us totin' pistols and they want to get one cuz they think the shit's cool
not knowin' we really just protectin' ourselves, we entertainers, of course the shit's affectin' our sales, you ignoramus
But music is reflection of self, we just explain it, and then we get our checks in the mail. It's fucked up ain't it?
How we can come from practically nothing to being able to have any fuckin' thing that we wanted
That's why we sing for these kids, who don't have a thing except for a dream, and a fuckin' rap magazine
who post pin-up pictures on they walls all day long, idolize they favorite rappers and know all they songs
Or for anyone who's ever been through shit in their lives, till they sit and they cry at night wishin' they'd die
Till they throw on a rap record and they sit, and they vibe. We're nothin' to you but we're the fuckin' shit in they eyes
that's why we seize the moment try to freeze it and own it, squeeze it and hold it, cuz we consider these minutes golden
and maybe they'll admit it when we're gone. Just let our spirits live on, through our lyrics that you hear in our songs and we can...

Chorus (X2)
--------------------

I'm not to big on rap, but I think this not only applies to this thread, but also violent videogames and stuff, especially the line "They say music can alter moods and talk to you, well can it load a gun up for you , and cock it too?" if you replace music with videogames.

the_Danarchist said:

Punk + Goth = Rivethead

Anyway, I knew this girl who I'd consider a real punk. She bought all her clothes at Value Village, where shirts cost $1 and pants cost $2 (though she was once made fun of by some elitist asshole rivetheads at a KMFDM concert for wearing used Old Navy jeans she found in a bargain bin for like a dollar though she never noticed the label). She also made new clothes out of her old clothes, which was awesome. She listened to all kinds of music, though she was very familiar with oldskool punk. She also didnt give a crap about fitting in or cliques or anything and hated anything remotely biased toward anyone (she spent a week beating herself up because she accidently reffered to this guy as "black"). She was awesome, and that's probably why I was in love with her. :/

Sounds more like a hippy. Hippies smell bad :(