Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deathmatcher

XP compatible puppets, plz!

So, Legacy seems to go well with XP, but it doesn't support the Doom Marine "puppets" (you know, the false player figures).
Are there plans to add this to Legacy or is there another XP-xompatible port which supports them?

Legacy removed them and have no plans to bring them back. I guess they have plenty of other things to fix.

I use:

PRboom - Doom2.exe demo playback mostly
Zdoom - My default port
Doomsday - best opengl/direct 3D port

Like people have said, only Legacy has removed this feature (AFAIK). However, Doomsday (jDoom, etc.) has some issues with voodoo dolls:
1) It appears to have a limit on the number of them that can occur in a map. Try playing caesar.wad with jDoom to see the effect this can have.
2) In jHeretic, using a chaos device results in telefragging a voodoo doll. Not good. Play shadow.wad (Shadowcaster) for an example. Sorry, I forget on which map this becomes relevant - E4M4 maybe.
(NB: I haven't tested these in a very recent version - they might have been fixed by now.)

Thank you so far. All I need is a XP-xompatible port which supports a maximum of approx. 4 Doom2-voodoo dolls per level. I don't need 3D-Support and jumping/looking up etc. should be allowed to toggle off.
By the way: Is it possible to place voodoo dolls for players 2-4 in coop mode? What happens when a doll dies in coop, will it be resurrected once the respective player respawns?

Deathmatcher said:

By the way: Is it possible to place voodoo dolls for players 2-4 in coop mode? What happens when a doll dies in coop, will it be resurrected once the respective player respawns?

Yes, you can place voodoo dolls for coop players. No, it don't respawn.

Yeah, I tried out the latest ZDoom-Version. It's great! No compatibility problems. I remember having tried out an older version of it, facing some problems - now it seems to be fine. :)