• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
johnc753

u guys prefer play superhard or fun-level-design wads

which one u guys prefer, just wondering

i like both of them, but i wish both of them mix and became a hard but fun map

Fun level design. I don't play doom anymore as a game really, I just download levels for fun and to see what people have come up with for new ideas and have been able to squeeze out of an aging game. I LOVE seing detailed works by Chris lutz that push the boundaries of detail and linedefs on screen. Seeing Cyb release a wad intense scripting where you become shrunk and run around tiny holes... Innovative! For some odd reason I love seeing Lizardwar with MS Paint graphics... because it's new. I just end up IDDQDing and IDKFAing through the level anyways to see what amazing things have been done anyways. If the level is both fun to play and good looking (Void) I will play through it without cheating though.

Why are the best levels out now (In my oprion) Void, Doom Raider, Zoom, RTC 3057? Is it because of amazing gameplay? I don't think so... i'm almost positive it has more to do with visuals and innovation than anything else.

I agree with Scuba Steve, for the most part. I don't really go for superhard because I'm not exactly the best Doomer around, and I don't like getting my ass handed to me on a platter. LOL By the way, I didn't care for Mock2, just so you know. My God, I mean, I get it, but I've played enough levels that were bad without even trying. Nothing visually appealling, so it fails it.

I like good challenging gameplay but ultrahard is something that immediately disqualifies a level for me. When I open something like Hell Revealed in an editor (something I always do before playing) it gets deleted immeditately. I don't have any fun playing stuff like that.

I like good challenging gameplay but ultrahard is something that immediately disqualifies a level for me. When I open something like Hell Revealed in an editor (something I always do before playing) it gets deleted immeditately. I don't have any fun playing stuff like that.

Definitely design. My personal benchmark of difficulty is Ultimate Doom on Hurt Me Plenty. Anything easier and I can always play it on UV -fast or something, but tougher wads just make me cry.