Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Melfice

EVEN MORE NIN news

Same thread, added news on a post later in the thread about the CD

figured that you would all like to know that in the upcoming issue of Alternative Press Magazine (the 25 most anticipated artists of 2004) which hits stands the first week of December, one of the artists/albums covered is NIN. The report states the overall vibe and sound of the record and lists some of the people that are involved in the production such as Rick Rubin, Atticus Ross, and Leo Herrera. The official album title is "BLEEDTHROUGH." There are three song titles also mentioned. Another point worth noting is that Trent is quoted as saying that he is fed up with the perfected quality of computer-produced music (specifically the use of ProTools software) and that this record was done with alternate methods. There is no specific release date mentioned. Interesting.

And here's some proof that this isn't a bunch of bullshit:

1. The fading on the main page (which has stopped) closely represented what it looks like when black ink is smeared on paper

2. Definition of "Bleedthrough":

When paper is too thin or the ink applied too heavily the color can bleed or seep through to the other side. This is known as show-through Using the right paper for the type of ink coverage required can eliminate bleed-through.
a. The images on nin.com were mostly in "print"
b. There was a hidden message that said something to the effect of "I am on the otherside"

3. bleedthrough.net

Registrant:
nothing interactive, inc. (GVCIDTXKKD)
20325 Center Ridge Rd
Cleveland, OH 44116
US

Domain Name: BLEEDTHROUGH.NET

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Malm, Jr., John A. (UHLCHKLZJI) nothing@nothingrecords.com
20325 Center Ridge Road
Cleveland, OH 44116-3572
US
440-333-3040 fax: 123 123 1234

Record expires on 06-May-2004.
Record created on 06-May-2003.
Database last updated on 22-Nov-2003 14:43:19 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

GG1.NS.GEMINIIGROUP.COM 64.90.163.99
GG2.NS.GEMINIIGROUP.COM 64.90.163.100

4. TNH bulletin from when trent was posting random chinese philosophy and crap:

Halo 2 page:
III. Time and causality paradoxes:

- retro-psychokinesis, or turning causality on its head
- precognition versus remote viewing "bleed-through": what does it tell us about the nature of time?
- the transactional interpretation and other "solutions" to the quantum puzzle
- Barbour, Deutch and the vision of a frozen masterpiece: if time is illusory, what is the meaning of action?

5. from nin.com:

6. Because I always report nin news and haven't let you guys down yet.

Wow. Though I don't really care about the next NIN album (or any one, for that matter), still, I must say, you did some damn good detective work :-P

What the Hell? How do you record something without using a ProTools-like program these days? Especialy if your band is electronic. I think Reznor has officialy lost it.

I'm very curious about that myself. But I guess we'll see. The fact still stands that in the last bit of news I posted, Danny Lohner said "It's supposed to be out by the end of the year."

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ^_____________________^

the_Danarchist said:

I think Reznor has officialy lost it.

When did he ever have it?

the_Danarchist said:

What the Hell? How do you record something without using a ProTools-like program these days? Especialy if your band is electronic. I think Reznor has officialy lost it.

Maybe he has borrowed some of those ancient switchboard sequencers from a museum and locked himself in a cabinet hearing non-stop Throbbing Gristle and Philip Glass.

Now that would be some 70's retro I could understand!

Little Faith said:

Maybe he has borrowed some of those ancient switchboard sequencers from a museum and locked himself in a cabinet hearing non-stop Throbbing Gristle and Philip Glass.

Now that would be some 70's retro I could understand!

Man, if the next album sounded like Throbbing Gristle, I might get it. Of course, I've never even had a desire to get a Throbbing Gristle CD.

the_Danarchist said:

Of course, I've never even had a desire to get a Throbbing Gristle CD.

i dunno, man. throbbing gristle were pretty fucking rad.

And yet more NIN news, FINALLY the damned site updated today with and appears to be turning into a flash site. I'd say expect a pretty good update within the next week, since we'll be going into December, which is before the end of the year, when the new album is to be released. Here's an exact quote:

NINE INCH NALS
TITLE: bleedthrough (NOTHING)
EXPECT IT: "Soon."

"The record explores loss and possible discovery of self," says Trent Reznor about the follow-up to 1999's The Fragile, "along with alternate layers of reality and perception set inside a nightmare you can't seem to wake up from; with lots of feedback." Reznor has enlisted Atticus Ross, Jerome Dillon, Leo Herrera, mix engineer Rich Costey and Rick Rubin to help mold bleedthrough, which will feature new songs such as "The Line Begins To Blur," "Everyday Is Exactly The Same" and "My Dead Friend." This time out, Reznor is introducing high-tech to low-life. "Computers, among other things, are ruining music these days," he says. "I hate the Pro Tooled sound of perfection and everything being 'fixed.' This record is most definitely 'un-fixed.'" And when it comes to touring behind the release, T. Rez is planning on reinventing the will. "It won't be the last tour over again. That person isn't here anymore." [JP] (as in Jason Pettigrew, probably)

Little Faith said:

Note to self: I MUST DO THIS IN THE IMMEDIATE FUTURE.

i can't wait to hear the new album, i hope it's more similar to the downward spiral than the fragile.

i really liked things falling apart but it was a remix album..

I don't think you guys will be disappointed, in various interviews, the Rez has described Bleedthrough (was then unknown what the album title was) as the antithesis of The Fragile.

pregnant with worms said:

i dunno, man. throbbing gristle were pretty fucking rad.

Yeah, but I dunno about getting a whole album onf Orridge screaming and all kinds of noise going on. It's cool and all, but not for a full album. :P Plus I have about 100 CDs I need to get first.

<pro tools> Your 30 day trial period has expired!
<reznor> OMG HATE COMPUTARS

I can't wait for this album, Angry NIN is good.
New Fear Factory next april, too ^___^

Dest-X said:

ROFL

Dest-X said:

HahahHAha

Judging from the strange distortions and corruptions he uses as samples (specially in his EPs), not to mention the art style of his albums, the non-fixed approach doesn't shock me at all. I fucking love Still so this should be pretty cool.