Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

heritic

i see that doomworld not only helps doom players but a large number of heritic/hexen players. I feel i am not the only one to ask this but why isnt there a heritic or hexen fourm here. or a heriticworld.com, that doesnt sound as good as doomworld.com

Well. This is doomworld for doom. There's a lot of Quake 3 players around here too. Should they create a forum for that too? I think you see the problem.

IF Ling decided to make a new forum it should just be Other Games. But then again this is DOOMWORLD not OTHERGAMES world. Meh.

i see that doomworld not only helps doom players but a large number of heritic/hexen players. I feel i am not the only one to ask this but why isnt there a heritic or hexen fourm here. or a heriticworld.com, that doesnt sound as good as doomworld.com

Keep in mind this is Doomworld.com. That's why there's a Doom in the title. Umkay? =P

i see that doomworld not only helps doom players but a large number of heritic/hexen players. I feel i am not the only one to ask this but why isnt there a heritic or hexen fourm here.

Heretic is entirely based on Doom, thus Heretic editing is the same as Doom editing, Heretic multiplayer is the same as Doom multiplayer, a lot of Doom source ports support Heretic, etc. so there's no need for a separate Heretic forum. For example if somebody wanted to know how to do a map editing trick in Heretic, it would just go in the editing forum because the trick works the exact same in Heretic as it would in Doom, so whether the question pertains to Doom or Heretic isn't really relevant; the function is the same, the editor would be the same, and so on.

Yeah, besides, the Heretic/Hexen community, or at least the one that still mods for the older games is way too small to be considered.

It's kinda hard to work in those games when you're deep into Zdoom or EDGE. But if i'm right, as soon as Zdoom gets Hexen support ALL TCs will be done for Hexen instead of DooM.

Heretic is entirely based on Doom, thus Heretic editing is the same as Doom editing, Heretic multiplayer is the same as Doom multiplayer, a lot of Doom source ports support Heretic, etc. so there's no need for a separate Heretic forum. For example if somebody wanted to know how to do a map editing trick in Heretic, it would just go in the editing forum because the trick works the exact same in Heretic as it would in Doom, so whether the question pertains to Doom or Heretic isn't really relevant; the function is the same, the editor would be the same, and so on.

You have a point but your not entirely correct. Not all the effects can be made the same way because original heretic has different linedef types and lacks many DooM linedefs that are important for example in making a working fake under/over 3d-bridge. I have a heretic map under work that will utilize many special effects used in DooM maps but not everything is possible... Unfortunately.

And then there are probably a few things that are possible in Heretic editing that aren't possible in Doom editing. There's certainly a LOT of Hexen stuff that isn't possible in Doom.

You have a point but your not entirely correct. Not all the effects can be made the same way because original heretic has different linedef types and lacks many DooM linedefs that are important for example in making a working fake under/over 3d-bridge. I have a heretic map under work that will utilize many special effects used in DooM maps but not everything is possible... Unfortunately.

I have a hell of a time getting heretic false 3d bridges. I haven't attempted real crossbeam bridges in heretic yet, however.

Not all the effects can be made the same way because original heretic has different linedef types and lacks many DooM linedefs that are important for example in making a working fake under/over 3d-bridge. I have a heretic map under work that will utilize many special effects used in DooM maps but not everything is possible... Unfortunately.

True, but considering that the editing forum has expanded to include things like ACS, DDF, all other kinds of scripting, EDGE 3D floors, ZDoom slopes and many other new features and line types introduced in source ports, making room for Heretic's tiny differences isn't an issue at all.

True, but considering that the editing forum has expanded to include things like ACS, DDF, all other kinds of scripting, EDGE 3D floors, ZDoom slopes and many other new features and line types introduced in source ports, making room for Heretic's tiny differences isn't an issue at all.

Oh, I agree! Discussion about heretic here most certainly wont bother me... Actually I'm interested in participating :)