Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shapeless

WIP BARON

Well hear's a wip pic of the baron I'm making. I'm bulding him over an action figure I bought on clearence, so the left hand and skull you see are not my work. However I am creating skin, facial muscles,eye's ect.. over the goat skull and vains over the left hand wher there Isn't any.

It's based off the ingame sprite and cover art for the original doom. here are some idea's..I'd like to know what you guys think...

-I'm not sculpting fur on the legs so I might paint the legs like the rest of the body.

-Battle damage revealing neon green blood

-should I give him lips?

-still can't decide on ears?

And Yes he'll be the grand prize in my contest:)

an idea for fur: get some felt, maybe a scouring pad and imprint that onto the wet putty / clay / whatever.

Give you a nice texture to drybrush over.

I would say, pass on the lips and ears, just my opinion. But for the love of Satan, don't make the legs the same color/texture as the rest of the body. And, I realize you're probably going more for the box-art cover baron, but maybe you'll find these useful...

Ok, I'm definitly passin on the lips.

should I give him a gun for a right hand?

how about some battle damage?

maybe I'll paint his legs brown without sculpting furr, or leave it up to the winner of the contest.

LINKY NO WORKY

Ok, the pics are showing for me, idunno about anyone else.
And yeah, put battle damage on him, like gnarly looking bullet wounds with some green blood oozing out. :D
Oh yeah, nice find... *Right Click>Save As*

DaJuice: The images are working, seems like his head is differently shaped since the last time I saw it, it's more sloped now, don't know if I like that. It might just be an funny angle though. Would you happen to have any older shots of it? I tried checking that thread but all the images say the server is down.

I'd make his opper skin tone lighter and make the legs a bit longer/thicker still.

Sorry Shapeless, don't mean to highjack your thread, but real quick: the head is the same shape, I haven't changed the shape since I finished modeling it. The legs I think are adequatly long/thick, check the BoH thread for a crappy walkcycle I made.

shapeless:

the dw faq says

MAXIMUM image dimensions are 640x480. This means that image can be no more than 640 pixels wide AND the image can be no more than 480 pixels high.

MAXIMUM filesize is 80 kilobytes. If you link images larger than this you may fear the wrath of the mods.

your image is over 4x the size limit and is nearly double the dimension limits.

sargebaldy said:

shapeless:

your image is over 4x the size limit and is nearly double the dimension limits.

...This is coming from someone who is on a T3 connection, but I agree. Anyway, to stay on topic, the jaw looks like it stretches back more than it should.

Hay nice Job Dejuice! I'm sculpting mine over a premade goat skull soo mine is going to me thiner looking, more like the box art. And I will not give it ears and lips. Now that I see you model I don't know if I should give mine pale eye's or not?

And I appologize about the image size.

Thanks! I didn't wanna give it human eyes, cuz that would look too, well, human. If you decide to give him an iris, you could try making painting the eye-whites black. Looks pretty freaky. What kind of legs are you planning to have on him? The reverse-style legs from the game, or something else?

I plan on sculpting his legs alot like yours. I won't sculpt in furr, just muscle painted brown. I plan on giving it away soo I don't want to take forever, plus I'm giving him away.
I hevent decided on the eye's, but I won't paint em like the ingame lost soul. And I may add a green wash to mimic visable vains in the corners of his eyes.

There is no Armature inside it. I'm sculpting it over an action Figure of Diablo's Unraveler, using sculpey and eventually a heatgun to cure it. I would normaly cure it in the oven, but I wouldn't want to burn the exposed plasic bits.