Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Wolf

good day comrades and gutentac!

Greetings, and please read the FAQ and stuff.

No one minds a "n00b", but "n00b intro" threads tend to irritate people a bit. Having said that, there are plenty of worse threads here, so I won't blog this. :)

Welcome to DW o' Shadowy buddy.
I don't mind newb introductory threads as much because I know they're a lot more common on other boards, but just for the record (in case some of your friends plan on joining), Grazza and Bloodshedder are right in what they said.

My initial advice to you (apart from the usual "read the faq first") is to spend a while observing on how we do things here before posting threads and engaging too much in heated discussions.

dsm said:

My initial advice to you is to spend a while observing on how we do things here.

Is that really such good advice?

Quast said:

Is that really such good advice?

Why not? That's more or less what I did - 'cept that I lurked for half a year before I registrered. My 'lurking' period was my "observation" period and I found it to be quite useful when I finally signed up.

dsm said:

My initial advice to you (apart from the usual "read the faq first") is to spend a while observing on how we do things here before posting threads and engaging too much in heated discussions.

insertwackycommenthere

omg, impse!

omg boobs!

No now go away.

I died in a car crash.

BLOG.

img-I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON

Great, he's got some great role models here :P

zarkyb said:

insertwackycommenthere

omg, impse!

omg boobs!

No now go away.

I died in a car crash.

BLOG.

img-I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON

Great, he's got some great role models here :P

Yeah well he can usually also see what happens if such comments are overexcessively posted.
Point: if this guy is remotely intelligent (and he seems to be, judging by what other posts he has made), he can easily tell what to do and what not to do from watching the forums.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to watch some more interesting threads.

Heh...I remember when I first signed up, I made a introductory post too. I wasn't going to, but I couldn't get my account to work for some reason. Finaly that message went through and so it was there.

Shadow Wolf, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Edit:
Dammit Disorder.

Shadow Wolf said:

tis cool, i will try to not get in the way too much

Well, first of all, I would avoid an Hitler quote in your sig.

Livo said:

I just kinda blended in with other people's posts when I first arrived ;)

As did I, I never seen the point of announcing myself. I tend to hang around blogs more often then not.

ravage said:

I learned guten tag by playing Wolf 3D!

I learned it by learning German in 2nd grade, a full year before I ever played Wolfenstein!

I learned it because my mother and grandmother are both from germany, my mother came here when she was 16.

other fun german words:

Hahnesel
Weibchen
Arschloch

all learned from dear old mom talking shit to ex-husband/bill collectors/ins/cops/me/etc.