Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spore

Best Buy

I was at Best Buy today and they had the Doom 3 Pre-order boxes on the shelf for $9.99. Would they put them out now if game was not going to ship for 4 or 5 months from now. Maybe they would with Christmas, but my experience with them is it is usually not much more that 1 - 2 months in advance. BTW, I got my box, came with a Doom 3 poster, and a Pewter figurine of Mancubus, and a couple of coupons.

Damn! Now I need to preorder from Bestbuy too! (Gamestop had a deal which gave you a preorder box of Doom III, and a pewter Baron Of Hell)

I get the feeling there's some sort of marketing thing going on... ;-)

SEEEX CASUAL SEEEEX, however I'm probably going to keep from pre ordering untill they have a rubber bouncing caco ball.

Yeah, I saw the mancubus. Too bad I dunno where the nearest gamestop is, cuz I'd rather have a baron than a mancubus.

So, I'm not going to bother preordering.

Arioch said:

Yeah, I saw the mancubus. Too bad I dunno where the nearest gamestop is, cuz I'd rather have a baron than a mancubus.

So, I'm not going to bother preordering.

Gasp! A puter mancubus would be win. I should head on over to my nearest best buy.

so it's:
GameStop for BoH
BestBuy for Mancubus
and
EBGames for Pinky

hmm?

I haven't seen the mancubus figurine. Does it indeed have breasts like the rumors suggest or is it a bunch of hogwarsh?

Job said:

I haven't seen the mancubus figurine. Does it indeed have breasts like the rumors suggest or is it a bunch of hogwarsh?

Well the figurines are modeled after the original doom monsters and not the doom3 versions so I'd imagine it would look really familiar with the mancubus we all know. Besides these figurines were released before, I've seen some of them at different times in different places.

Here's a shitty picture: http://5years.doomworld.com/interviews/sverrekvernmo/sverrecomp.jpg

EDIT: http://www.planetdoom.com/misc/bestbuypobox.shtml much better shot if you're intrested in the mancubus.

EDIT2: BINGO!!! http://www.gothtech.com/SoL/DOOM.htm

You can Pre-Order already? wowies I should go try and pre-order. :D

though the only place that was mentioned in here you could possibly pre-order from is Eb, which is where I pre-ordered Sonic Hereos. :D
I wonder if they do have it to pre-order and a little Dee-Lee. :D

yea i saw them at work today. was off this last week. i seriously about shit cause i thought it was the game itself.

comes with:
pewter mancubus, looks cool
poster
cupon $10 nvidia GFX
$5 off something

DOOM Anomaly said:

You can Pre-Order already? wowies I should go try and pre-order. :D

You could pre order it like 3 months after it was announced, don't know how valid it was though. I never heard of the company that offered the pre ordering service, might have been a scam.

i would assume it is coming soon, few months at most.

however best buy has had, during certian times, pre orders for duke4 and halo 2 however when it became apperant that those would not be released, or as in the case of halo 2, not released until next year they began to give refunds. duke4 has been on preorder twice at best buy and has caused some head aches. they then refused 3drealms, and even stoped selling duke3d and shadow warrior.

looking for old games

best buy and software companies have re-released a number of classics.
collectors doom
quake 1
quake 2
tombraider 1 and 2
wolf3d, comes with RTCW, but is also on a disk with about 15 other games
build 3d games (duke3d, blood, shadow warrior)
duke3d and shadow where pulled, had stand alone games
ROTT was, may still be

these however do not have the boxes and such. just the CD

So I rushed out to BestBuy and grabbed my presell disc for $9.99. Now I see on their website that Doom3 will cost $59.99 from them.

Ship/Release dates I found:
EBGames - Ships on 4/14/2004.
GameStop - didn't find a date...
BestBuy - Release set for 4/1/2004.

yea i havnt looked into release dates. guess i should. anyways i will just tell the guys in media to "save" me a copy.

yea best buy has been picky about pre-orders, mainly after duke4 and halo 2. duke 4 has been on preorder twice at best buy. once was in 98 (i think) the other in 2000

hmmmm.... i think I'll just wait until prices and anticipation die down a bit before I rush to buy a sequel that I know can't be as good as the first game

Shadow Wolf said:

i think I'll just wait until prices and anticipation die down a bit before I rush to buy a sequel that I know can't be as good as the first game

Shadow Wolf's sig said:

I am free of all prejudices.

Mmm hm.