Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

I need someone to do me a big favour.

I really want to have a flying Cyberdemon in my Megawad. I was wondering if someone could make a Cyberdemon with the following:

1. Leaning forward in a flying position
2. Add Wings (Evil Looking ones like you would see on a dragon)
3. When it flys it flaps it's wings
4. It has 2 launchers not just one
5. Half the size of the original...

That should about do it. I can do the DEHACKED stuff myself, but I'm no artist and it would take me weeks if not months to actually make this. So can anybody give me a hand? I'll be sure to give them a big reference in any of the TXT files that go with the wads I have them in. Please...

Your best bet is to mix and match some sprites. Like the Hexen afrit wings with the cyberdemons body. Shouldnt be too hard at all.

problem is the about 40 different frames. And besides the Cyberdemon needs to look like he's leaning forward. The second launcher is easy though... copy and paste his other arm, rotate it horizontally and bam. Then just paste it below his other arm. Besides I need that Hexen sprite for a start. Anyone want to send just that particular monster's sprites bmps over so I can use them. I know what would happen if I asked for the Hexen IWAD lol... everyone who isn't a newb knows that... I might try it on my own. It's going to be a lot harder than my general though because I'm doing a lot more than just color changes and adding hair...

I think a flying cyberdemon with wings would look pretty ridiculous. This is a very heavily-built monster; flying animals need (for obvious reasons) a high power-to-weight ratio, and are generally very lightly built.

I think a great big jetpack would be a more appropriate addition if you want the big guy to fly.

Oh, and someone is bound to [newproject] this.

Just give him a jetpack, like those Duke Nukem lackeys. Then you don't have to concentrate on it leaning forward as much. Also, a cyberdemon should use mechanical means for propulsion.
-Funk Factor-

The Afrits wings would have to be enlarged a lot, and would go blocky and look bad. The death wyvern might be a better bet (if still too small). However, a mechanical means of flying seems more suitable to me too. Maybe that big robot from Strife (inquisitor) could provide some inspiration?

Bah, well mechanical isn't the advantage of Hell Spawn now is it? That would throw off some other things. What I need is for someone to send me the sprite pics of whatever the biggest winged beast from Hexen is. If it looks blocky when enlarged I'll change it a bit. Besides I intend to change the Cyberdemon's appearence a tad so he looks less mechanical. This could be kinda like what a Cyberdemon would look like if he wasn't digitally masacered. Besides Paint Shop Pro should be more than enough to only partially rotate a Cyberdemon's legs on a side view. So someone please send me the pics for The Death Wyvern because according to Enjay here it seems to have the biggest wings. Besides an edited appearence on the Cyberdemon would make him seem less Heavy Built so to speak... That iron leg has to go... and maybe that hole in his gut... I might just give him to hands and lauch a replacement Mancubus shot instead of rockets... don't worry though, you'll still know he's a Cyberdemon.

Grazza said:

Oh, and someone is bound to newproject this.

Grazza, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

:P

By the way, there seems to be a bug involving the newproject tag. I had to take the brackets out of the part of your post I quoted because it would eliminate the word "newproject" from your quote and include my first bracketed use of the word newproject right before your name in using the tag as part of the message, making it look like (brackets substituted):
============================================

Grazza said:

Oh, and someone is bound to this.

<newproject>Grazza, before asking for help blah blah blah...
============================================

It just seems that if even a bracketed instance of "newproject" is used without being closed, it should be closed when the containing tag, quote in this case, is closed. I know that BBCode is based on the HTML model, at least as far as tags are concerned, but because it is not HTML, one doesn't need the flexibility of being required to close tags explicitly even if the parent tag is closed. It's not needed for common posters, and I can't think of any reason you would want a tag to implicitly stay open outside of its parent tag.

The BBG tag was even "better" for this sort of thing, since it included e-mail and url tags that could easily get fouled up with other tags in the same post.

Actually, it did occur to me that I ought to put a [b][/b] inside the opening tag, just in case anyone quoted it and for some reason included a closing tag, but I considered that so unlikely it wasn't worth bothering with.

Heh, don't ask for help on these forums about such a thing and expect to be taken seriously :)

Scuba Steve said:

I present the Cyberdemon's flying nuts.

A size 36x36 would make a mighty fine avatar.

Awww forget it... I would need a real graphics expert to pull this one off. I think I'll just add the Death Wyvern and give it the Mancubus attack. It would have been cool, but I can't pull it off...