Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Doom's 10th anniversary

Just out of curiosity even though I'm pretty much out of the Doom scene contemporarily...how will you prepare for the 10th anniversary of one of the greatest(or the greatest of all) games throughout the previous decade, DOOM?

A little I know is that Torn, Erik, and some other guys have been working on a DOOM(1) megawad for this.

I'm going to celebrate by starting work on my Doomguy halloween costume. I also might draw a happy birthday doom comic if I am not feeling particularly lazy.

999cop said:

A little I know is that Torn, Erik, and some other guys have been working on a DOOM(1) megawad for this.

Flashback's news thread

Yeah, we will release a demo 10th dec (not full version, I don't want to rush it). The size of the demo is still unknown, but something like 4-6maps.

I'm gonna play Ulimate Doom on my old ass system with just doom.exe...and maybe dig up that press release version :-P.

More than likely studying for finals... suckage, but once that's over I'll be playing all the stuff that got released on that day. It's coming... a wave of new stuff. :)

BBG said:

I'm gonna play Ulimate Doom on my old ass system with just doom.exe...and maybe dig up that press release version :-P.

Heh shit...that sounds like a good idea. I think I'll load up The Ultimate Doom and play each episode back to back, I might not even use the mouse. Ha! Right... Yeah, I feel I should do, you know, SOMETHING...

I will release one of my unmentioned projects. Yes, that is what I will fail to do.

999cop said:

how will you prepare for the 10th anniversary of one of the greatest(or the greatest of all) games throughout the previous decade, DOOM?

release ConsoleDoom2 and Doom64 TC to /newstuff....bleh..

I play DOOM every free chance I get after work when everybody is asleep. hehehe. I'll probably be doing the same :)

oddly, on at least 6 out of the past xmas days i've played doom. in the olde days we (me and two of my brothers) had played the game coop and had a coop bash on xmas day. incidentally we continued this coop trend throughout doom2, duke4d, quake and quake2. which all changed when half life came out. no coop!? what were we supposed to do? the other 3 xmas days i'll have had a deathmatch at home or played TFC online :-)

Nice to see, that so many other people feel the same.
I am gonna party with some friends, we will dm and coop through doom and I might even order a special cake from the local baker's with the doom logo on it.
Also, I will release my megawad's (DTS-T) demo version on that day.
Check dtst.de.vu or doomworld for it.
Finally, I will send a "birthday wallpaper" to a couple of doom sites.

Edit: I forgot to mention, that on every Doom's Day I try to beat my own speed-record for Doom (three original episodes).
On 12/10/96 I started with around 40 minutes. Now it's around 21 minutes. Maybe Doom's Day 10th will bring a new record.

i have my doom system set up and running. ready for doom 1.2 to be played on that faitful day. All hail doom!

i am also gonna pay some old wads. and cover my brothers door with the ASCII version of goatse

I plan to play through Ultimate Doom the same way I played it all those years ago. No mouse, no strafing, no running. Just ctrl, space, and the directional keys. I'll still be using a port though.

Edit: Im also considering writing a friendly letter to id.

Shaviro said:

I know of someone who's putting a lot of time in completing a 7-level wad for the 10th.

Lüt's gonna release a 7 level demo of millenium? :P

I'll be working all day, and then come home to some nice doom. I haven't actually played through doom in a very long time. Should be fun.

We were trying to get a demo of ZooM out by that date but Sarge is in charge of most of the final changes (changing the format of the sound files and replacing the first map) and he's had it for ABOUT A WEEK SO FAR.

THANKS A LOT SARGE, WE CAN'T DO THE DEMO NOW.

YOU RUINED MY LIFE YOU BASTARD.

I'll be playing jDoom and I'll be awaiting screenshots/movies/wallpapers/demo/anything Doom 3 related. That is, if they'll release anything at all that day. But I have a feeling they will.

I'm definitely going to play at least a few levels. I'd like to release a map if that was possible.... gah not enough time!