Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kid Airbag

Physical Fitness Poll - Mile Time

I believe Grazza or Ichor or whoever said "no more." I guess mile time is important, though.

And pushups are a physical fitness consideration! Upper-body and abdomenal strength (do pushups right, it does require abdomenal tension, although this was in reference to situps as well) factor into every-day usage of one's body, whereas cardiovascular fitness factors into general health, weight, etc.

I dunno I should focus more on cardiovascular, Im mostly into heavy weight lifting problem is I only weigh 160 pounds so I dont have a whole lot to work with. Im currently working mostly on upper body as I'm thinking of boxing.I'll give a general spec on where I am as of now Im maxed at 225 freebar right now but I cant get 275 on a benching machine, maxed at 135 with a 2 arm curl bar, somewhere around 800 legpress and 150 military press with a free bar, I have problems with that one because I tore some ligaments in my right shoulder. I can do about 65 military pushups in a row before I tire out and about 200 situps, and about 20-25 chin ups. All I can think of for now.

I pulled a 7 minute mile once in like 7th grade. It was a mild day, though. Never again did I bother to break 12 minutes. Never cared.

Ultraviolet said:

I believe Grazza or Ichor or whoever said "no more."

I just wanted to discourage a spate of really frivolous pseudo-related polls. These things can quickly explode into a real crapfest if lots of people jump on the bandwagon - remember "what color are your hair", etc.? This thread does seem relevant though.

Heh, I meant to make this a poll but I forgot to check the YES! Make this thread a poll! box even though I filled in the number of answers I wanted.

Anyway, my fastest is about 5:20.

I've no idea, since the last time I ran the mile was back in 8th grade, but I'd say probably around ten minutes.

My best time was six minutes and twenty-five seconds for one mile.

Ultraviolet said:

They call that "walking."

Yeah, i remember all the fat chicks in phy ed never ran the mile, they always walked the whole way and got like 15 minutes.

I ran it in aprox 7:45 about, oh, 10 years ago

I can walk a mile in about 10-12 minutes or so (I'm a pretty fast walker), but I've never tried to run one.

Grazza said:

I just wanted to discourage a spate of really frivolous pseudo-related polls. These things can quickly explode into a real crapfest if lots of people jump on the bandwagon - remember "what color are your hair", etc.?

Well, they can always do this:

blog