Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scabbed Angel

Doom3.com Updated

Doom3.com has been updated. It now includes pics (no new ones) wallpapers, a quicktime trailer I can't view cause I don't have quicktime on this computer, an option to preorder though eb games and gamespot. There.

*NOTE: Nipples still don't appear to be included. Perhaps in the next update.

The trailer is pretty much just the E3 trailer with a different voiceover and slightly revamped music...

Fucking cool! New wallpapers. About that trailer. The only thing I didn't like about it is the Hellknight's scream at the end of it. It sounded way more badass before they changed it.

Take a look at the newest trailer. Seems like they changed some of the monsters' sounds. Any thoughts?

I dont like the Hellknights scream either...they left the ending part (with the low growl) but the shriek sucks. I want something that sounds bigger and meaner than me. However, I do think that it would be cool if the Hellknight screamed like that when you killed him...that would, as Cartman would say, KICKASS!

Still haven't seen the trailer (damn work not having quicktime)

WHAAAA?!! THE HELLKNIGHT SCREAMS! LIKE A LITTLE GIRL?!

"Renzor, why have you forsaken me?! I would have waited another year or so for the new albumn! Why God WHY?!"

****Due to the hysterical mental breakdown, Scabbed Angel is taken away to play with his new friends, the nice men with white coats, far far away****

EDIT: For those who have heard it, on a scale of one to ten, with ten being the old hell knight sound, and one being the bratty little bitch next door screaming because she has a scraped knee and lost her stupid dolly, where does the new HK fall?

Scabbed Angel said:

EDIT: For those who have heard it, on a scale of one to ten, with ten being the old hell knight sound, and one being the bratty little bitch next door screaming because she has a scraped knee and lost her stupid dolly, where does the new HK fall?

Disorder said:

Shit. Hmmn, I haven't seen that girl for a while, bitching about her barbie shit. Her growling dog hasn't been shtting on the lawn for a while either. The was that van. . . I-D-S-O-F-T-W-A-R-E, hmmn, idsoftware. Nah, that's not even a word. Must be a coincidence.

Disorder- It really sounds that shitty?

Scabbed Angel said:

Disorder- It really sounds that shitty?

I think so. Then again, maybe it was done only for the trailer, although that doesn't make much sense. And maybe the rest of the new Hellknight sounds kick ass. I just don't know. I fell in love with the previous set of sounds because it felt like a Demon with the power of a Tyrannosaurus Rex was heading your way. Maybe it's not so bad when you'll hear him in the game.

-edit- I'll try to capture the audio, hold on a minute.

I agree, the sound effects in the leaked alpha did seem a lot cooler in general. Still, after the recent interviews and new screenshots it seems like Doom III is bound to be one of the coolest games of 2004.

Damn, we don't have speakers either, but I'll check it out later, although I'm not looking all the forward to it. You're right, he sounded like he had the power of a fucking T-rex before! Thanks Mr. Disorder, I'll check it out later.

Disorder said:

Audio capture of Hellknight's new roar: Listen.
('Download as', otherwise it didn't seem to work for me.)

Yea it sounded more badass before.

Maybe they changed the sound because the hellknight is one of the 'weaker' enemies, and more powerful ones we havent yet seen have gotten the old sounds XD

Disorder said:

Audio capture of Hellknight's new roar: Listen.

Somehow, I'm inclined to believe this will sound far better ingame with all sound settings set to max (environmental effect such as echo added, sound volume higher, etc.) like it should be. This sounds like it was a distant, muffled roar.

Maybe I'm just a tad too optimistic as usual.

Speaking of sounds, when they released the original E3 trailer, a lot of people seemed to bitch about the sounds, e.g. some said the machinegun sounded really shitty - does this still hold true for the trailer on Doom3.com?

My cats sound more menacing than that growl, and one of them is over 20 years old! :/

I didn't go around playing the Alpha, and I seemed to have watched a totally different E3 trailer than everyone else before, so I think the HK roar is perfectly fine.

Scabbed Angel said:

You're an optimist?

Heh, in regards to Doom 3? Yes.

Oh come on, we've been waiting for an official Doom 3 site for so long and all you people can bitch about is how a particular monster sounds in the trailer. Stay on topic.

niguel said:

i dont remember how did the old roar sound : /

It was more like a hiss...I don't get how people can think a hiss like that sounds more menacing than a roar :P

Livo said:

My cats sound more menacing than that growl, and one of them is over 20 years old! :/

Maybe thats why it sounds so menacing ;).

How is it I could upload a song on the net so it is able to be lisenen to by you ppl. Its a bit long I was just messing around now and came up with it I slowed it down and its from my own mouth. Its similar to what I think the Hell knight should sort of sound like.

I don't know folks.....something stinks here....stinks in maybe a good way.....

What gets me is the following:

Why is Doom3.com updated now?...why now?
Shouldn't the have waited to updateit on the 10th of Dec or something?
What are they going to do on the 10th? Nothing?
"Full Experience Coming Soon" ???? If the game is out in say March , why say this on website now?? I mean 4 months is not soon. Website should be updated with that I'd say maybe a month to go or something.
Now you can Pre-Order online?...On Doom3.com itself....

I'm sorry but it just doesn't sound like a game thats going to be released in 4 months....it sounds like a game thats going to be released much sooner than that. I know that the chances of it being released before Christmas ar virtually zero but why the articles in gaming magazines and online as of late....why a sudden up in hype? Hype should be avoided around the Christmas season if there isn't going to be a release (waste of time and money)........After all thats happened this year why start the hype machine again?

There is something afoot I tells ya!!!!

Some 250 mil. years the dinosaurs walked the earth, but a disaster was about to happen soon.

I guess that 4 months still can be considered soon.