Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

Editing Frame Types

Now that I have the Death Wyvern I need to get it so it's frames can be of any use. I was wondering how would I use DEHACKED to have its frames replace the Mancubus's properly... Right now there are a few problems with it such as when it dies it goes back to Mancubus after the first couple of frames. The Death Wyvern has frames from A-M while the Mancubus has more...

Either set the duration of the Wyverns last frame to -1 (so it will never leave that frame) or make duplicate graphics of the last frame and just add them in to replace the mancubus pictures. That's what most people do for a simple graphics substitution - it does not involve dehacked at all. But you're going to need dehacked for some of your effects anyway (I suspect) so I'd use the -1 method if I were you, and thereby free up a few frames for another use should you need it.

Enjay... is there anyway in DEHACKED to get the frame number to refer to a "different" frame such as FATTE instead of FATTG so that way I can make this a lot easier.

EDIT: Never Mind I forgot about sub#'s I might get this going sooner than I thought. I still need the Death Wyvern sounds though...

Does anyone know how to get the Death Wyvern flying properly... it spends all of it's time on the ground unless I give it a Z-Height (Yes I put on No-Gravity and Floating) perhaps there's a codepointer for it?

You could use the "hangs from ceiling" bit. That should make it start at ceiling height.

You say you are giving it a Z height - does that mean your mod is for Zdoom? If so, why bother dehacking a mancubus and forcing it to behave a little bit like a death wyvern? Why not just use a real death wyvern? With Zdoom you can import any item from any game Zdoom supports into any of the other games Zdoom supports. It requires a little bit of scripting, and the death wyvern's flight path system makes it a little more complex than simply importing an enemy and letting it do what it does, but you can get the genuine item into a Doom game if you want.

I think the only WAD where this has been done so far (with the wyvern that is) is LilWhiteMouse's Hellspawn demo. If you pop over to the Zdoom pages and do a search for it on the forum you should find it.

Regardless of that, I'll send you the sounds just as soon as the file I'm downloading comes in.

Edit: sounds sent.

Ok I got everything going. The only thing about the Wyvern being imported into Doom that I wanted was because of the Mancubus attack and I wanted to edit its health and such.

You can actually change quite a few actor properties via scripting these days. So you could have altered the wyvern's health using a script. However, you wouldn't have been able to give it a mancubus attack. Glad you got things working how you wanted though.