Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ebeyert

activate cheatcodes in Doom2

Just type the cheat code in-game. You can find the cheat codes by looking at one of our many, many FAQs.

Remember, using cheats makes you feel cheap and dirty. No amount of soap will ever make you feel clean again.

Mordeth said:

Just type the cheat code in-game, and press enter. You can find the cheat codes by looking at one of our many, many FAQs.

Remember, using cheats makes you feel cheap and dirty. No amount of soap will ever make you feel clean again.

Enter? What's that good for???

Note that cheat codes are disabled in Nightmare skill (skill 5), so if you want to test routes and ideas on skill 5, the best option is to play on skill 4 with -fast and -respawn (the only difference is that you don't get double ammo); then you can use whatever cheats you like.

Graf Zahl said:
Enter? What's that good for???

Guess that means I'm not a cheap cheat whore like you :)

There's nothing bad about cheating in single-player games. I usually play Doom with god mode.

Mordeth said:

/Enjay starts sleepwalking:

Yet here's a spot.

Out, damned spot! out, I say!--One: two: why, then, 'tis time to do't.--Hell is murky!--Fie, my lord, fie! a soldier, and afeard? What need we fear who knows it, when none can call our power to account?--Yet who would have thought the old man to have had so much blood in him.

The thane of Fife had a wife: where is she now? What, will these hands ne'er be clean?--No more o' that, my lord, no more o' that: you mar all with this starting.

Here's the smell of the blood still: all the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand. Oh, oh, oh!

Wash your hands, put on your nightgown; look not so pale.--I tell you yet again, Banquo's buried; he cannot come out on's grave.

To bed, to bed! there's knocking at the gate: come, come, come, come, give me your hand. What's done cannot be undone.--To bed, to bed, to bed!

Mordeth said:

Guess that means I'm not a cheap cheat whore like you :)

I only cheat while testing levels, not while playing them! ;)

Seeing this is on the same topic kinda, How do you change what the codes for the cheats are? I've seen it done in Twilight Zone 2 and I'm not sure in others, but I was just wondering. :D

You use dehacked. However, if you are planning on using Zdoom, it will ignore changes made to the cheat codes. Thank goodness.

Edit: boris beat me. :-P

Grazza said:

if you want to test routes and ideas on skill 5, the best option is to play on skill 4 with -fast and -respawn (the only difference is that you don't get double ammo);

A popular but incorrect belief. The game feels quite a bit different on Nightmare!, I'm surprised you who has a few NM! demos of his own under the belt don't notice. Is prBoom to blame? =)

The most obvious refutation is to hex0r a NM! .lmp into a -fast+-respawn one (or the other way around) and watch.

That seems to be true... I just did that and the monsters behaved differently immediately. Does anyone know what that difference is beyond the ammount of ammo?

Grazza said:
Note that cheat codes are disabled in Nightmare skill (skill 5), so if you want to test routes and ideas on skill 5, the best option is to play on skill 4 with -fast and -respawn.

Hm. Of course that's true in the standard engine, but e.g. in ZDooM you can play with cheats activated in NightMare! ... But I assume you were talking about the standard engine.