Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

OMG Beastiary update!!!

That's right, after nearly four months The Beastiary* finally updated with 13 new creatures and two improved ones!

BTW, there's a bunch of info missing in some of the creature descriptions, which I no longer have because I lost the relevant e-mails. If anyone happens to know any of this info, especially the missing contributor names, please let me know!

* Yes it is spelled correctly, it's a noun so it can be spelled however I darned well want it!

Cool, I like the Beastiary, and there are lots of nice additions.

However, I just bet if me and my mates were down the Hell club looking for a bit of Impse, they'd all end up with slim sylph-like impettes and I'd be landed with Big Bertha. O_O

Hey, cool! I forgot I sent in Vileus.

Edit, that's odd. My baron's arent in there. Sewage and plasmite.

Some little things:

Head spider: I think i sent in the (bad) original, well i do have a monster by that name in ultimate hell, which has the shotgun guys head upside down with legs on. And the original idea comes from The thing, and then Doom 3

Nightmare spectre: It was meant to have 300 health points (double the normal spectre), and "My" concept for it was a direct rip from the playstation version of doom (well, not really direct, i made its graphics myself)

Nightmare imp: Um..i had nothing to do with this XD

How come I'm not credited for the zombie mini tank when I came up with the idea and part of the original graphics? =(

Nanami said:

How come I'm not credited for the zombie mini tank when I came up with the idea and part of the original graphics? =(

NiGHTMARE said:

BTW, there's a bunch of info missing in some of the creature descriptions, which I no longer have because I lost the relevant e-mails. If anyone happens to know any of this info, especially the missing contributor names, please let me know!

Who made the Covert Op Marine? I like it a lot.

I made that Cavern Imp. I'll send out the info.

Wow updates two days in a row!

Today is a "women special", because most of the new additions are female; two female marines have been added, the female Zombie got a blood on her shoe, Big Bertha got bikini bottoms (she ought to be ashamed of herself for walking around half naked!)... oh, and Bertha's now accompanied by her slightly more attractive sister Sally!

The only male sprite involved in today's update is the mutated Zombie, who looks a lot nicer (in an aesthetically pleasing rather than friendly sense) now I darkened his skin a bit.

Next up: adding remaining submitted entries and fixing up credits, etc

Vegeta: I can send you my head spider graphics, but yeww wont like eet! XD, we, well i'll send anyway, its nowhere near as good as the one on the beastiary though..in fact i might even change it XD, but for now i'll send you the original one

Thanks a lot man. I downloaded it. The face animations are pretty good. I'll see what can I do with it. I'll notify you if I make something cool.

Ten more additions today: four Demons, two Imps, two Nobles and two Zombies. I also added several missing credits.

With the exception of a couple of Gokuma's and the Blood Revenant someone sent me yesterday, I think that all submissions have now been included! :) Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Get sending new submissions; hopefully they won't take as long to be added as some of them did before:) Oh, please feel free to take an existing creature from the Beastiary, improve it, and re-submit it; in fact I strongly encourage this :)

Here's the list of creatures I still dont know the authors of:

- Special Ops Marine
- Techphyte
- Skeletal Imps
- Unknown Imps (Job's?)
- Unknown Demons (I think at least one of these is also Job's)
- Mega Baron
- Royal Knight
- Viking Zombie
- Big Bertha
- Slim Sally (I don't think this was a submission, I believe I took it from someone's .wad file. So if anyone knows what wad and who made it, please let me know)

Stats for various others are missing too.

The mega baron's my creation. Just put Bluesonnet for the credits.

BTW you got the information for the brute imp and venom imp mixed up, as you can clearly see if you look close enough.

BBG said:

That Gladiator is bad-ass

Thank you. :)

NiGHTMARE said:

- Techphyte

Yay, you got my cyber lost soul!

Oh, and add strife to the credits for that one, and sentry 2.

Oh, and did you add that note to sewage? It really does fit.

Thank you. :)

Okay, so I updated again with a few more author credits, plus I added Job's Goliath Imp :) Here's the new list of unknown authors:

- Special Ops Marine
- Skeletal Imps
- Unknown Imps
- Unknown Demon
- Royal Knight
- Viking Zombie
- Big Bertha
- Slim Sally

Ravage: Yeah I thought an explanation about how a noble of Hell became some kind of sewage creature was in order :)

Here's stats for the Cavern Imp:

Cavern Imp
Hitpoints: 60
Speed: 8
Melee Attack: Claws (damage 10)
Distance Attack: Black fireball (speed 10, damage 3)

Additional Credits to:
-id software
-Grimm for recoloring, etc.

Damn! I had never seen this before (spank me I'm naughty), but this rocks! Have the new monsters frames been finished, cause I'd love to some of these roaming in a map or two.

Many of the marines are based on modified Doom player sprites from the New Marine Skin Pack, which you can find at the Epidermis Emporium.

The Mechanized Marine suit is from Lil' White Mouse's Hellspawn demo.

The female marines and the female zombie are modified versions of Crash from Skulltag.

The Dark Imp is my version of one of Nanami's creations, which can be found in both Skulltag and as a seperate release.

The SSG Sergeant is from Skulltag too.

The Bazooka Guy was taken from Obituary.

The Archnophyte and Death Imp are from the Eternity TC.

The Storm Demon, Nightmare Imp, Nightmare and Head Spider are inspired by creatures from deathbringer's TC (not sure of the name or link).

There are red coloured Demons in all number of wads. Skulltag and Millennium being just two examples.

Cyb made his own version of the Imp Serpent.

The Stone Imp can be downloaded in a pack with a couple of Espi's other creations. Not sure of the d/l link though.

I believe that Gokuma's various creations (Two-headed Imp, Apocalypse Soldier, etc) can be downloaded from his site.

The Daemonites are two only slightly modified creatures from Blakestone and Spear of Destiny.

The Dark Soul can be found in the Doom Alpha.

Slim Sally can be found in a wad somewhere, but I have no idea what it's called or who made it.

All of the other submissions not mentioned above most likely have only ever had one frame made. If you want them as multi-frame creations suitable for use in-game, you're ever either going to bug the original author to do it (but they're not likely to do it however much you pester them, as it's a LOT of work) or do it yourself.