Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick Perrin

Community Weapons Mod- Submit your favourite weapon ideas!!

Little Faith said:

There is an ancient weapons mod by Team TiC turning the BFG into a sonic blaster. It was used in the first Massmouth wad.

Obituary TC.

And it was a partial conversion.

Heh, I seem to remember that Obituary kicked ass. I'm not sure, though, that was years ago. Does anybody know? I mean, for all I know it could have been absolutely atrocious, and I was just impressed by cool gimmicks. Gosh, maybe I should actually go and download it. Sorry for this useless comment...

geekmarine said:

Heh, I seem to remember that Obituary kicked ass. I'm not sure, though, that was years ago. Does anybody know? I mean, for all I know it could have been absolutely atrocious, and I was just impressed by cool gimmicks. Gosh, maybe I should actually go and download it. Sorry for this useless comment...

Well, I think it's the one with that sprite for the rocket-launching zombie (replaces imp). It's basically a pretty dirty zombie with a launcher over its shoulder. The behavior is the same. I don't think much of the behavior in that TC is changed, if any.

Ultraviolet said:

Well, I think it's the one with that sprite for the rocket-launching zombie (replaces imp). It's basically a pretty dirty zombie with a launcher over its shoulder. The behavior is the same. I don't think much of the behavior in that TC is changed, if any.

Not much is, just twin pistols and rl zombie are changed. Everything else you see is just gfx changes.

deathbringer: Actually, it is possible to make weapons that feed off of your health. Baron of Sigma's EB DooM mod has a fully emulated Sigil that even takes away your health for using it!

Really? i thought it was just because the projectiles where coming back and hitting me XD

Hm, a new one, after seeing an episode of stargate-SG1 last night:

The black hole time dilation cannon. Basically, it creates a minature black hole in an enemy, and the time bubble forms around them and freezes them in time, so they just become solid and stopped (this could be done by killing them instantly, but they dissapear and spawn a solid, inert object using the same sprites XD)

Cellular demoleculization array.

Rapid cellular growth reversal beam.

Watch them turn into babies then embyos and then gamites!

http://www.geocities.com/rasputin1980/newguns.html?1070509506593
click on the above link to download newguns.wad i tested the beta version on connector some time ago, and lots of people seemed to enjoy it. it contains newguns.wad and 3 dehacked patches , each patch changes the guns used. use one patch at a time. i recommend doom legacy to run it. -not for single play, or co-op against computer. works well with cajunbot
-jet
This wad contains 3 dehacked patches full of dynamics, and newguns.wad with all sprite replacements.
new guns m,ay include : tesla-prod
double guns
m-16
modified m-16
freeze thrower
3 diff lazers
and more!
moderator: this is a diff post than my last. :)
-jet

For my suggestion. As far as the rest of your mod goes. If you're going for mad amounts of death animations, how about adding the "brink of death/recovery" animation that was in the Aliens 3 tc. Where a guy would remain locked in a suspended death animation for a moment and it seemed like random chance as to whether he would drop dead or pick himself up and continue the fight.

Anyhow. I think that'd be cool. It seems like there's already every plausible doom weapon you could put in doom submitted anyhow.

Livo said:

My ideas:

2. Neural disruptor: this is a futuristic pistol weapon, kind of like the Doom 3 or the Deus Ex stealth pistol. It fires a green laser that does only a few hitpoints of damage, but if you keep firing at an enemy and do a certain amount of hitpoint damage to it, it goes beserk and attacks all enemies around it (including you if you're not careful), with its attacks doing 25% more damage and the enemy moving twice as fast. Could that be done with EDGE? For multiplayer it'd strip away armour (doesn't make sense but meh :p ) 2X faster than health, doing damage a bit less than the shotgun for health.

Oh, God, yes!

Hey, howabout a bouncy flamethrower? Minibfg prototype, where the green plasma has a puffing trail and falls to the ground? Stinger missile launcher (missiles go in relatively random directions)? Hitscan laser rifle? Infinitely exploding rockets?

[FOX15th]SHRIKE said:
Persision rifle from red faction. and the quake2 nades nuff said

Persision? NADES? WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?

That's the first time I've heard someone call them 'nades. I thought the one from the first Quake was better, though.

I know. Once I get the launcher, I don't use the individual grenades anymore and just forget about that option. And Quake does have grenades as well (well, Team Fortress does anyway), and they are also better than Quake 2's grenades. For one thing, you can use the concussion grenades to jump over places you normally couldn't reach (and they don't cause any damage, just temporary dizziness). Normal grenades actually launch you further, but they do hurt a lot obviously.

I got a pair of nades, but those wouldn't be very effective against imps.

Yes they would. :P

I'll post all the weapons from my ancient, and only-in-the-planning-stages TC called Teddy bear wars (dont laugh XD)

Bullet pistol-Weak, shoots small bullets. It uses nanotechnology to create new bullets all the time, so has infinte ammo

Laser pistol-The standard weapons of the teddy bear cops

Shotgun-Holds 8 shells at once, and shoots them. It uses buckshot

Shot-pistol-Its a large revolver that holds 6 shotgun shells, it fires single-bore shells (a huge lump of lead) for immense damage

TKK Pistol-Its a pistol that shoots tiny rockets from a large 'drum' on the front, they can blow huge holes in people and peirce armour, and also be used as 'keys', a great weapon

Machine gun-Shoots heavier bullets than the normal bullet pistol, and fires them faster

Machine laser-Shoots small, weak, blue lasers, but shoots them at an amazing rate

AK2000-Shoots 3 powerful green laser beams at a time

Ball laser-Shoots green energy balls which can pass through enemies and do immense damage, but first you have to get one off the battle droids

Killer-A double barreled rapid fire shotgun that shoots single-bore shells at rapid speed, the only problem is it has two magazines, so takes a while to reload, but its totally devastating

Microwave sniper rifle-It shoots a small projectile a long distance with high accuracy, and also has a zoom lens (doom bullets only have a certian range, so using a projectile sniper rifle means you can still hit distant enemies, if you can, make this weapon disable autoaim when its selected, i cant remember if edge can do that)

Stealth grenades-Semi invisible padded grenades, the enemy wont know its there till it explodes!

Rocket launcher-Blah

Viper-A pistol that shoots a deadly 'distortion wave' (which could use the spectre fuzzy effect) which passes through enemies and splatters them, when it hits a solid wall it causes a giant explosion

Mini-nuke-It shoots a large missile which detonates in a gigantic explosion (using the c&c nuke sprite) that causes a lot of small explosions around it, also it leaves clouds of dangerous gases which drift around for a while, glowing with green light and killing anything that comes near