Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Job

Smooth move, Exlaax

I was as surprised as most people when I found out he visted Iraq to dine the turkey with the soldiers.

Good one, Dubbya.

Really though, it was a smart PR move and I'm impressed. Most likely it was suggested by his underlings and he wasn't too keen on the idea, but no matter the case he did it. But he looked so artificial on camera holding the turkey platter...I wonder if he would've done the visit without a cadre of journalists in tow.

Gullible, how? I don't listen to anti-bush propaganda, and I don't believe the shit I see on CNN either. I just try to read between the lines with my admittedly less than comprehensive knowledge of what's really going on in the world. But I know a PR stunt when I see one, and I find it hard to believe that anyone would be as naive to think he spent Thanksgiving over there because he's a "cool" guy. He wants to be President again next term, and all his "nice guy" stunts are going towards that goal.

DaJuice said:

Of course not, he doesn't give a rats ass about the soldiers.

Considering he docked all their pay, I'd say thats pretty accurate.

It clearly was a huge PR stunt, and will probably have at least some of the desired effect with the voting public.

However, from speaking to some soldier friends of mine, this kind of visit does make a positive difference to the people being visited too.

Meh, I don't see why some people need to attack the guy over this. Clearly it was partly for PR but it definitely had a good impact on morale and he did put himself at some risk. And you're correct, it wasn't his idea. Someone in his Cabinet (not anyone whose name I can remember) started tossing the idea around a month or so back.

Oh sure, it had a good impact on morale, but don't forget, they wouldn't be over there in the first place if it weren't for him. What a slimy little bastard! I mean, they're over there risking their asses, getting shot at every day, every day more soldiers die, and he has the audacity to use the situation to help himself get reelected. If he really cared about the soldiers, he wouldn't have sent them into this mess to begin with. Lousy dirt bag... Just what the hell was he thinking when he started this war? Or was he thinking?

Heh heh. It truly is a shame he ain't standing up to Cheney. I had almost forgotten about that. Thank you for reminding me.

BUSH STATE VISIT TO BRITAINLAND HUGE SUCESS-Fox news

Last week, our president George W bush visited the small country of Britainshire with his wife, As his plane flew in overhead he was welcomed to the country by a large fireworks display and lots of loud shouting and cheering from the streets. Some of the fireworks seemed to be exploding quite close to air force one, because obviosuly the people on the ground wanted him to see them. The streets where filled with around 70,000 people all cheering slogans like "Bush must go!", obviosuly showing thier support for his military campaigns going into Iraq and Afghanistan. As they gathered outside beckingham palace, where the president was meeting with queen Thatcher, some of the crowd was waving large american flags around, which unfortunatley caught on fire because other people where waving around the lighters like at a pop concert, still members of the crowd where quick to jump and stamp on the flags in an attempt to put out the flames. In Hastings square, at the centre of London, some of the people even erected a gigantic gold-covered statue of the president to show thier undying love for him, though unfortunatley it fell down shortly afterwards, probably because it wasnt built by american engineers..(cont p94)