Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

For the Attention of Mr. Rick Clark (Wildman)

A long time ago, our ace fan fic writer, Rick Clark aka "Wildman", requested that some of us talented artists could do a cover pic for his fan fic "Incident on Tei Tenga" involving a moonscape with ragged mountains in the horizon and a gas giant rising over the edge of the mountain range.

I hereby present my interpretation of his request - click on the image for the full view (although I like it much better when the pic is small, because the flaws are less obvious on that).

This thread serves a dual purpose: Apart from showing my contribution to Wildman's request, it's also a friendly reminder to the rest of you (in case you have forgotten or never saw the original request) that Wildman is looking for somebody to do a cover image of a moonscape. The original thread is here - go check it for details.

Julian said:

Heh, nice. Now get fredrik to color it. NOW!

Fredrik is good, but there are better colour artists than Fredrik on this forum (no offence Fredrik).

Let's just say that we can have several artists colour it and then Wildman can pick the one that looks best.

And don't forget - other artists can make a pic from scratch which may look better than this (which is not wholly unlikely - I suck at doing environments compared to doing characters).

Long time no post folks. Looks really good DSM, thanks for thinking of me.

I didn't realize that I had been away so long. I had to take a retail job since I can't find any programming jobs, and the hours are long and the pay is next to nothing. I'm just too old for crap like that. :) Then my computer died and it has taken a while to get a new one.

I lost everything of course, but I did have my backups. However, ITT needed rewriting anyway, so now I have an incentive to get back on track.

I have no idea what is going on in the community right now. Any good fanfics? I don't see much in the way of fan fiction, but it is nice to see the artists are hard at work. I'll have to peruse the forum for a bit and see what has been up.

Nice. I love the canyons, boulders, and craters on the surface. The whole piece makes you feel very small because of that bigass planet in the background. I was gonna ask what those spheres on the right hand side are supposed to be, but then I realised they're just holes in the paper, lol:P

Wildman said:

I have no idea what is going on in the community right now. Any good fanfics? I don't see much in the way of fan fiction, but it is nice to see the artists are hard at work. I'll have to peruse the forum for a bit and see what has been up.

Well, I haven't done any fanfics in god knows how long - and it doesn't seem that I'll put anyone up anytime soon, because right now I'm more interested in working on RTC-3057, doing my part in getting the hub1 demo released (if you didn't know, RTC-3057 has a significant portion of storyline going on in it and the storyline is only part of my job in that project).

I have, however, a few loose, half-written fics on my hard drive. I reckon they will be unearthed and placed into the light one day.

Haven't looked too much into this forum either, simply because I feel that fanfics of the kind I normally like are as good as non-eksistent these days.

I was gonna ask what those spheres on the right hand side are supposed to be, but then I realised they're just holes in the paper, lol:P

Hahahaha, nice one DaJuice :-)
Yeah, holes in the paper can be a nuisance, but I don't have any decent drawing paper without holes as of now (and I don't care nearly enough to go and look for "non-hole" paper).

ravage said:

DSM, find a way to contact Anges.

Has anyone PM'ed her about this? (probably not, but just in case someone has, I don't want to bother people if their PM ibox is already full of the same requests).
Oh and it's Agnes ;-)

Rotting Corpse said:

Great Job! Your art is allways great. You will never get a drawing to be perfict so dont try. And dont stress over the flaws all the time.

It's true that you can never make perfect art - but if you make art that you feel is sub-par to what you usually do, then you have a perfectly good reason to be dissatisfied :-P

Oh well, Wildman is pleased with it so I managed to do what I intended to do :-)