Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

doom banned

anyone know all the coutries where doom is banned or censored/edited? while some make sence others have wierd reasons.
also dont forget coutries we cant trade with, north korea for example.

ones i know of

Germany, Doom II - edited to remove the wolf3d nazi stuff.

brazil? - banned for violence, i know duke3d is

iraq - trade embargo, however what about now seeing that we kicked sadam's ass

Egypt - they banned matrix for questioning creationism, so it is logical doom is banned. heh may not even be banned, not sure, i just know they get ban happy

well fill in the rest damn it. just some interesting facts

Sephiroth said:

Egypt - they banned matrix for questioning creationism, so it is logical doom is banned. heh may not even be banned, not sure, i just know they get ban happy

Heh, since they have a civilization that pre-dates some creationists' idea of how old the world is, that's quite ironic :)

Not rats, penguins.

Penguins, Nanami, penguins.

At any rate, that's an odd reason to ban the Matrix. And whatever that has to do with Doom being banned... that's silly too.

Nanami said:

Everyone knows the Earth was created. It's a giant computer... ordered by rats...

mice

ravage said:

trans-dimensional

pan-dimensional

Penguins do rule though.

[ontopic]Computer games were, arguably, banned for a while in Greece (around August-October 2002). I made a particular point of playing Doom in Greece during that period. :) [/ontopic]

"Egypt - they banned matrix for questioning creationism, so it is logical doom is banned. heh may not even be banned, not sure, i just know they get ban happy"

Wtf? You sure you got the right country there man?

yep, i am sure about the matirix banning. the words were it was banned due to the fact that it questioned exsistance and creation.
also bruce almighty was banned because "god's powers are his own" remember egypt aint free speech, i dont know how good we are with them (they hate isreal)

its a muslim rule coutry with strict muslim laws, so duh. as for doom being banned, not sure. i just know about those 2 movies

I don't imagine this thread'll last too long, so I'm going to mark it with my post-feces...

postcountfeces++

Sephiroth said:

They needed the dev's permission to edit. I really hate germany's anti-nazi stuff. I mean, it's just a friggan symbol! I'm half german and honestly don't give a crap about that (no i'm not a neonazi). Hell, maybe I should tatoo a swastika on my wrist and visit the country.

Same goes to them making violent games like Half-Life to low violence. (human grunts were changed to robots, their blood was changed to oil)

[offtopic]I'll have to rant about the other country my other half of my roots come from sometime (Poland)[/offtopic]

yeah germany is just against videogame violnce in general XD, i think that was one of the places where carmageddon was edited to change innocent people to zombies, with green blood, it also was in britain after a load of media shit, but then the GTA series wasnt (not that it didnt go unnoticed XD)

Mr. Chris said:

Hell, maybe I should tatoo a swastika on my wrist and visit the country.

And land yourself in jail for displaying a banned symbol :-P

So I guess Wolf3D was banned altogether in that country.

Sephiroth said:

My copy of Doom2 still has MAP31 and 32, including all Hakenkreuz/Swastika symbols, the blue SS officers, and the Cyberdemon.

the nazi sysmbol isnt really a swastika, a swaskita points in the other direction. (i think this is true)

but besides germany, brasil and egypt, what other coutries have banned or use edit versions of doom(2)?
once agian exclude coutries that are prohibitade form trade with US

Sephiroth said:

brazil? - banned for violence, i know duke3d is

I hope they won't ban Doom 3 here, but I think it's already banned even it's unreleased yet. :(

FragMan! said:

I hope they won't ban Doom 3 here, but I think it's already banned even it's unreleased yet. :(

where are you from?

eventually everything that can corupt a persons mind will be banned. everyone pretends to be afraid what the world is coming to instead of facing the fact that the world is already there...
Cassi