Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kain

doom remake

That is fucking terrible. My mini-review from IRC :

<BBG> HOLY FUCK, THAT THING SUCKS SHIT OUT OF THE ASSHOLES OF INFECTED COWS

<BBG> THEN SWISHES IT IN ITS MOUTH AND SWALLOWS, THEN SHITS OUT THAT SHIT AND PROCEEDS TO RE-EAT IT

I mean COME ON, since when does Doom have a fucking AWP? Those models (at least the 2 I did see) were from Counter-Strike.

Oh, did I mention that you can't set up your controls (that I could see) and the defaults are fucked up? Also, the movement is horrible, it's like you're trying to move with a moose strapped to your back. The levels are ugly as sin and are not fun at all.

He called it a doom remake because he used a remake of the map01 start room, the doom guy's face on the status bar, and a cacodemon that you see briefly at the start but never hear from again...

Oh well, by the end it was redeemed by having the blood-thirsty marine hero being airlifted out by his neck while striking an actionfiguresque pose.

Wanna know my thoughts? I think that half-life was going to be doom 3, but the programmers took acid and instead came out with the half-life we know of today.

so in conclusion, attempting to remake doom causes an addiction to acid.

On another note, I have no idea what I am doing.

sniper rifle? alternate fire modes? WTF! (see my rant in another thread about games nowadays being far too complex)

cycloid said:

sniper rifle? alternate fire modes? WTF! (see my rant in another thread about games nowadays being far too complex)

Remake != clone.

KoRn said:

Wanna know my thoughts? I think that half-life was going to be doom 3, but the programmers took acid and instead came out with the half-life we know of today.

This doesn't make the least bit of sense, and some voice in the back of my head is saying that maybe it's for the better.

KoRn said:

Yeaaaa... acid will do tha sometimes.

BBG said:

I mean COME ON, since when does Doom have a fucking AWP? Those models (at least the 2 I did see) were from Counter-Strike.

Hahaha. Headshots on lost souls would rule.

EDIT: Nice spelling RG.

gatewatcher said:

EDIT: Nice spelling RG.

:)

Ralphis said:

maybe those models are temporary.

I'd love to see a doom remake used with an advanced engine (like q3 or ut2003) and had high poly models.

Yea, it's crap but it's not like this is a commercially released game or anything. Nothing to get worked up over.

BlackFish said:

I'd love to see a doom remake used with an advanced engine (like q3 or ut2003) and had high poly models.

omg look

Lord FlatHead said:

omg look

He said remake, not retelling ;-P