Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MedievalManIII

DOOM Ports not working

Operating system?

Hardware?

Error messages for the ports in question?

We can't help you with no info. Though having said that... you are using v1.9 of Doom/Doom 2 right? If you're using an earlier version, that would probably explain why so many ports don't work.

MedievalManIII said:

All the DOOM ports doesn't work for me. The only port that works is DOOM Legacy. Any help?

rofl, Legacy...

Um, anyway, hmm...what OS? What errors do you generally recieve? Try less enhancing ports like Eternity, which are closer to the original Doom exe (while still adding new and enjoyable features)

And yes, like NiGHTMARE said, check what Doom version you have. If it is not 1.9, then you must patch it.

The only port that works is DOOM Legacy.

Now that's a new one - most other systems can run any port but Legacy...

(unless of course it's a really old version like 1.28, which will run even on old systems with DooM 2 v1.666)

I used to run Legacy... Until it made my video card drivers commit suicide, forcing me to format my hard drive and re-install Everything I had. Never touched it since.

I can't believe people use ZDoom. It's software for Chrissakes. People who ZDoom must be gay. HAHAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEHEHEHEKEKEKEKEKE

Do I fit in yet?

Moooooooooooooooooo.

:p

Destroyer said:

I used to run Legacy... Until it made my video card drivers commit suicide, forcing me to format my hard drive and re-install Everything I had. Never touched it since.

Well, that's certainly strange. Sounds more like something went wrong on your PC. I don't know too much about how video drivers are utilised for acceleration in games, but even from a layman's perspective this sounds technically improbable.

MedievalManIII said:

All the DOOM ports doesn't work for me. The only port that works is DOOM Legacy. Any help?

u R not 1337 enuff to use other ports!!!!11111exclamationexclamationoneoneone

Are you sure you're even on a PC? The last I heard, the only source port that worked on a Mac was Doom Legacy, (although I could be wrong) and you say that no port works except Legacy...

VidCard: ATI Radeon 32MB DDR
Processor: Pentium III 500mhz
Sound: Integrated (bleh)
RAM: 192MB DDR
HD: 20GB

No error messages. Its at the loading screen and it just freezes.

Latest version of Doom/Doom2

i would give a screenie but my whole comp doesnt respond when it freezes. too bad i dont have a camera i could use :p