Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lizardcommando

Wolfenstein 3D related problem.

As I wrote in my latest blog, I said I was having a problem with the game. I was in a hurry so I couldn't write out the problem with full details. Well, here I go:

I recently changed the graphics for Hitler/Hitler Mech. So I decided to test it out. I loaded a save game file, which loaded up to the room before you fight Hitler. I open the door, Hitler makes his sight sound, I turn around to see him, but when I do, the game crashes. It keeps bringing up the error stating I performed an illegal operation. It never did this before. I changed Hans Grosse's sprites and Shabb's sprites, but when I fight them, the game works perfectly normal. It also never froze or crashed before I changed the Hitler sprites. Could someone please tell me why this happens and how I can fix it? I am using Windows 98, if that helps.

Ichor said:

He doesn't mind them being used in a silly Doom map, though.

How else is he gonna feed the little Reichlings?

Gate_Keeper said:

Do not @#$%ing change the Wolfenstien 3D sprites!
they are fun to kill and, oh sh*T! They are comming so seeya

Go tell that to the guys over at Wolfenstein 3D Dome :p. They have a Batman WOlf3D TC, a Mario TC, even a Metal Gear Solid TC, which was IMO had the most bizarre looking graphics I've seen.

Oooh, I just realized I got my 888th post. Hehehehe...

Lizardcommando said:

It keeps bringing up the error stating I performed an illegal operation.

Yup. I hope you like jail, sonny, because thats where you're going to be for the next few years.

fraggle said:

Yup. I hope you like jail, sonny, because thats where you're going to be for the next few years.

WTF?!? Uuuuh.... making sprites touch the edge of the pallete is a crime? (That didn't make much sense, but I couldn't explain it any better... :/)

fraggle said:

Hahahaha, I remember the first time seeing that error message and freaking out because of the "illegality" in my recently performed operation.

My Mum told me a related story about some clueless employee somewhere who was working on a computer.
Suddenly she stormed into the Head office screaming "There's a bomb in my computer!!!" - turned out that an error message with a bomb icon had popped up because she/the program did something stupid :-)