Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
indrema

DooM Remake, Special gift for DooM birthday

I Guys,
after a lot of work, now for the 10 years of DooM, the remake of DooM are ready !
Powered by Doomsday engine and every relative resource (Mp3 music, Hi-Res
texture, Multilayer Texture, Light Map, 3D model,Particellars Effect, Advace gameplay, 3D Sound And More)
"DooM Remake" is a perfect renewal of the old game.
In the file are incluse only Shareware edition of DooM, for play whit commercial version of DooM, DooM 2 and Final DooM

only need to put the iwad in this directory: C:\DooM\Data\jDoom

LINKS NUKED

Damn, there is no way on Earth I could ever DL something that size. Simply not possible.

Ahh well, I'm DL'ing the screenies so at least I can see what I'm missing. :-(

Daaaaamn, I'll have to wait til January to grab this, so my ISP plan changes to Unlimited downloads. Augh.

*checks out screenshots*

OOOooh, very pretty. I like it!

Heh, I wouldn't have any problems with downloading the thing but I guess that's not gonna run on a 400 MHz cpu...

You are obviously uploading this still...
glad I don't have to upload a 550 Mb file.
Doomsday is a great choice, but gl with md2s?...

Donce said:

Heh, I wouldn't have any problems with downloading the thing but I guess that's not gonna run on a 400 MHz cpu...

And not on a 500MHz either... :(

Hey, this Doom Remake looks amazing from what I've seen in the screenshots.

But i Cannot Download it, I get a pretty good speed (about 150-90 kb/sec) but when the Download window reaches about 9% or so it stops downloading and just stands still. I have tried many times, last night, this morning and now (about 6 pm (day time) here in sweden) and it just freezes every time.

EDIT : I tried to download it in netscape and it was even more wierd : after about 10 minutes or so it said "Download complete" and in the folder was a Doom_Remake.exe that was 24 MB

Also, when the download freezes in Int. Explorer, i can sometimes open up a new download and it will continue where the crashed download stopped, but it is not every time that it can continue and it freezes so many times during the first 15% (that's how much i've been able to download) that it would be impossible to download the whole thing.

EDIT 2 : Have anyone downloaded it entirely? Im downloading it now with GetRight, so I can resume everytime the server screws up my download. I have got 54% of the file now so for anyone who encounter the same problem that I do I strongly recommend GetRight.

By the way I am sorry if I have been to whiny in this post. Im really looking forward to playing this Doom remake and finally it seems i will be able to =)

Surely, for large files you need a download manager and I'd say FlashGet is da best (download-speed-wise).

Ok i finally got the files.. and now for my little review..

I am speechless.. I've been a Doom fan since the game came out, about ten years now, and this Remake is just *incredible!*

I am going stay home tomorrow and unplug the phone and finish the three or four episodes of the first Doom game with this Remake. I am deeply impressed with your work with this Remake. I have never been a fan of JDoom/Doomsday but this Remake finally puts all the pieces togheter and creates the best possible Doom experience with todays computer technology.. thanx a million!

It is quite a piece of work, though I seem to be having performance issues. It starts out okay, but the more I play it, the slower and slower it gets until it starts taking several minutes to load levels, skips like hell, or just decides to lock up.

I tried it out and it's very pretty although a lot of the new sounds are pretty lame (and sometimes confusing -- the demon's roaming sound is now one of the old zombie alert noises, WTF?) But yeah it does run awful slow sometimes, and I have a Radeon 9600Pro for christs sake.

Yes the new sounds are pretty lame. But you can uncheck the "sounds" box in the game launcher and use the standard Doom sounds.

I've noticed now about the performance issue, it is really bad performance sometimes and it's very annoying when it just takes pauses for seconds to load in the middle of the action. I have a Radeon 9800 pro and the graphics look amazing.

This has to be the BIGGEST download to date. I guess with this out it's okay to do hires version of counter-doom when zdoom gets doomscript. :P

/me downloads in the meantime.

I don't have a machine capable of running this but I did download the movie and I agree that this just looks stunning. I'm also shocked at how godly the music is. With that said could you please make the music available as a seperate download. It would be a shame to have to download 500mb just for the music which is the only part of it I can enjoy right now. I'm sure others who downloaded the movie and can't play the game will agree.

Is it possibly to divide the pack up into major parts? It would allow people like me (who already have Jdoom and such) to just get the music and new rocket launcher model and such.And people who don't to download it in segements.

r3d1y7 said:

I'm glad you enjoyed my remix. The full set of both Doom 1 and 2 remixes are available at http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/info/music.php?wad=remix or http://3ddownloads.com/doomworld/music/remixes/ashley_carr

They're good remixes but with most of them, I didn't think they captured the right evil feel that the originals had and in some cases, stuff like the guitar riffs were too "noisy" and high-pitched for my tastes ("Good bye American Pie" is a good example of this).

There were, however, a few that stood out from the rest imo:

E1M1 is just plain cool - more interesting than the original for sure, but as is usually the case with e1m1 remixes, I'm never quite happy with it - though this one's better than most e1m1 remixes out there imho, because it's more than just "braindead guitar riffs".

E2m2 is, for me at least, another candidate for "best e2m2 remixes ever". It just sounds so wonderfully creepy in a good way - better than the original. Of course, there are always minor details that I feel could've done better and more "evil".

Into Sandy's city is also more interesting than the original, more in-depth in a good way. /Me likes.

But this one truly blew me away:
Evil Incarnate. I always loved this tune (though Doom 2 was the first game in which I heard this track, it's essentially a Wolf3d: SoD track), but I gradually came to like it even more over the years. This remix is, however, way better than the original. It's absolutely brilliant at capturing the "Nazis = Evil incarnate" feel.
While listening to this I actually got images in my head of Nazi concentration camps, marching Axis soldiers, Hitler acting all agitated during a speech and of destroyed WW2-era towns.
For all the original track's brilliance, this one's way better at capturing the evil feel - great job!

I haven't tried out the Doom remake yet, but I may sometime in the future. As of now, I can't say its filesize nor the screenshots appeal overly to me. Sorry.

I don't want to look like an ass, but Quake 3 has better graphics, maps, models, and far less system requirements.

TwiNCannoN said:

Has anyone been able to download the full thing? I've tried 4 times now... no dice. Keeps ending, er, prematurely.

Try use a download resumer, eg: like GetRight.

Just figured out I can't even play it if I downloaded it - only have a GeForce 2 MX :-(

/Me wonders how the Heck a Doom wad could end up requiring so much hardware.