Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skunkboy Kyle

Earthbound Doom aka EVERY FUCKING CHARACTER FROM EVERY FPS BEFORE QUAKE

The word "Taggart" occurs 34 times on that page. WTF?

And Hissy is female.

Anyway, it needs some Lemmings, the big ship from Phoenix, and some mystery ships from Space Inavders. Then it will be complete. Oh yeah, and that horse-guy from Rastan.

Nah, I'd add more monsters and more guns.

The art styles REALLY clash here, and I mean BAD. Doom, Hexen, and Heretic are ALMOST the same, but Duke Nukem? Some of these games will look out of place in there...

I haven't looked at the page, but Blake Stone had best be in there somewhere.

EBdoom kinna sucks. BAD, bad, bad level design...oh yeah, let's not forget how annoying the protagonist of the mod is (paula? wtf? why not Poo?)....the pain and attack sounds for her are the worst

I like how the bosses all have 1409827340968723406982374098745 different weapons, even though half of them are basically the exact same thing.

Hell, I'd like to play WADs with new monsters, and combine Doom and Hexen monsters, but this is just ridiculoid.

I remember this. I was hoping to rip monsters out of it. Some of the games I don't have anymore.

Oh, those are the two games she/he forgot. Blake Stone and Wolfenstine.

Also check out the MSPaint main character, that REALLY matches Doom and Heretic. ^_^

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Earthbound Doom aka EVERY FUCKING CHARACTER FROM EVERY FPS BEFORE QUAKE

That's a pretty inaccurate title for this thread, since there are creatures from Blood, Shadow Warrior, Half-life and Hexen there, and these games were all released a good while after Quake. Also, there are no creatures from Catacomb Abyss, Spear of Destiny (besides the ones also in Wolfenstein 3D) Isle of the Dead, Ken's Labyrinth, CyClones, Rise of the Triad, Shadow Caster, Blake Stone, Corridor 7, Starwars: Dark Forces, In Extremis, Terminator: Rampage, Terminator Future Shock, etc, etc.

But yes, he does have one heck of a lot of creatures :)

NiGHTMARE said:

Also, there are no creatures from Catacomb Abyss, Spear of Destiny (besides the ones also in Wolfenstein 3D) Isle of the Dead, Ken's Labyrinth, CyClones, Rise of the Triad, Shadow Caster, Blake Stone, Corridor 7, Starwars: Dark Forces, In Extremis, Terminator: Rampage, Terminator Future Shock, etc, etc.

Yet.

Half Life? Where?
Also, the others came out around the same time as Quake but not after Quake.
And many of the those other games you mentioned I've never heard of. In fact, two I listed above, and the other one I see is Star Wars.

Cyclones, on the other hand, isn't on there, but I've seen it in other wads and websites. (Beastairy)

The bullsquid is from Half-Life.
And the reason they probably didn't use graphics from catacomb abyss is because that game was only in 16 colors and there was no real way to get to the sprites....

Seriously though, this must be some kind of jokewad, right?

imo, there's no such thing as spending a lot of time and effort on a joke megawad...

this wad appears to have a lot of work done to it.

i think if this is something nanami could do in a week or so, then she should spend a few months and make a doom beastiary wad.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

for the alternate name of the mancubi, he put Hablitae, which is what I wrote as being the species name of the mancubi in my tragic history of the mancubi!!!!! he even remembered about the colour and age system!!!!!!

I'M FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!11one!!!1!

This guy gets my approval. :P

I noticed a bunch of those, where whoever it is like actualy paid attention to stuff like that. I dunno, I think it's too weird, but if they were to use all of these characters in seperate episodes that would be cool... not so MANY characters, though. It would be like Tomb Raider without the big titted British whore: Instead of EB, you could go from planet to planet collecting treasure. ^_^

Being a part-time mapper and also helping out with EB DooM, I find no problem with the MOD. Sure some things are a little off, but then again, my own MOD goes in the same direction. I don't find it a problem really.

Regards with the maps, they can't be uberdetailed, but you understand that not all of us can do mapping well, and I kind of fall in that regard, because I happened to create map03 and map05, which makes the first ever Cacodemon Squad demo look ridiculous and under-developed.

As for why all the monsters are there, in the storyline, the Serpent Riders have technically somehow been revived, and are attempting a monopoly over many armies of enemies and have crossed dimensions to get some of them, but there are also enemies that will attempt to dethrone the Serpent Riders as well, and other reasons.

And do note that EB DooM is still in the beta stages, so things may be different from the final version.

Well, that's all I have to say for now.

Hehehe question, why does everyone call him Hissy? He's Hiss!

Speaking of GP, I want a skin of Scratch for Skulltag to go along with Hiss. Just an imp that has a stupid look on his face all the time with a WW2 helmet on.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Hehehe question, why does everyone call him Hissy? He's Hiss!

Hiss is from Silverwyvern's comic, and is male.

Hissy is from SkullTag (although the actual stuffed cacodemon predates that) and is female.

No relation between the two.

I actually played it (after dying a lot on the test level, remove "turbo -255" from the batch file so that you can actually control yourself when playing, though it does mean you wont be able to escape the spaceship level before it explodes, not that it matters because it says you sucessfully escaped anyway) and its quite wiered, you meet hissy in a room full of cacodemons, apparently he lives with them but the ressurected serpent riders (who i assume are from heretic or hexen) and he complains that he went out for his 'daily float' and the cacodemons atarted to attack him, also you get to go on a huge, and very empty, spaceship and fight a pretty easy 'boss'. Oh and you have magical abilities which allow you to blow away a spider mastermind in seconds, but you then get 12-or-so hellkngihts teleported at you in a tiny room and are killed by them instead..unless you use your frying pan and have a beserk pack heh

Oh well, it is a good source of monster and projectile graphics for ultimate hell (which will also have 'a lot' of monsters, but it will make some vauge form of sense!), i must have taken...one fireball from it so far hehe