Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Melfice

Dark Nexus Website (Complete Even)

That's right. No more switching hosts, no more new addresses, and best off all, no pop ups or banners. Also despite my lack of saying anything about it in the news or releasing demos, its still alive and going well. I'm hoping to release it before this spring. I know thats far away, but hey, most the mappers on my time are either 1.) perfectionists or 2.) like alot of detail.

http://darknexus.dmhgames.ath.cx/

Note that it is a flash website, so you'll need to have macromedia flash installed (which should be about average nowadays anyway).

Also, the site is, omg, complete! This time I didn't leave it unfinished to never come back to like I did with all the other sites! Hope you guys like it, and think its as cool as I thought it'd be while I was making it!

I sure as hell wont install gay flash for a website unless it has some really great content.

I like the DOOM 3 atmosphere of the site, but it's a bit slow.

Anyway, nice to see that it's still being worked on.
Also, why no JDoom screenshots? Are you making it only for Legacy (hope not)

Another question. I understand if you prefer keep it as a secret, but, what can you say about the final boss? Do you finally get a name for it? How are the sprites going on? Are you making that monster from the sketch, or replaced it with something less dificult implement?
What about DOOM revisited?

The reason it probably seems a bit slow is because of that typewriter effect I used. Next time I update the site, I'm going to make it go faster so that it doesn't seem to take as long.

There are actually JDoom screenshots on there, apparently I made an error and put "Legacy" at the top of both screenshot pages. The page with more shots listed is the JDoom page. My apologies for the small amount of errors.

The final boss of DN has indeed been titled the Avatar of Pain. It flies, it resurrects monsters, spawns monsters, and has a projectile attack. Its sprites, as well as all the other returning creatures such as the arch vile, revenant, spider mastermind, chaingunner, etc., are going to be drawn from scratch under the Doom64 palette. Who exactly is going to do this, I'm not sure of really. I'm going to check around pretty soon though.

DOOM Revisted is still on, I just haven't worked on it since I started mapping again, because DN has been my main focus. At this point and time, I'm thinking that it'll be for download as a seperate wad with the DN package when its done. Of course, then again, if I decide to take a break and go ahead and finish DOOM Revisited, then I may just release it way ahead of time :)

Anyways, I'll be updating the site Sunday during the day, to get rid of the minor annoyances that're there at the moment, and possibly get up quite a few more screenshots.

Excuse me, I think it would be best to edit the original Doom 64 sprites into the new characters, that way you still get the same basic design. For example, using parts of the zombies for the chaingunner, etc. The only one I'd see problems with are Reverants. Unless there are some skeleton's lying around Doom 64 that I missed. Anyway that's my two cents.

Hooray, it feels just like I'm on 56k again - waiting 10 years after clicking a link, to see the results. And those buttons at the top are annoying, they're not even labelled. Websites should be as fast as possible, if someone has to wait for text to appear then they're going to get pissed off quickly.

Wow, that's quite possibly the shittiest web site I've ever seen. Do you actually know how to use Flash? Look at the physical dimensions of the movie. Seriously, what's wrong with you? Where are the labels for the buttons so I actually know what the hell I'm clicking on? Please kill yourself.

Although I can agree with this site being pretty bad, I don't think it's right for you to say shit like that. It's just a website, he can fix it, calm the fuck down.

That's right Melfice! Conform! Conform! Pfft. I think it's cool, you just need to make it load faster.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Although I can agree with this site being pretty bad, I don't think it's right for you to say shit like that. It's just a website, he can fix it, calm the fuck down.

You are untrained in the art of the the troll.

It's called constructive criticism, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

"Please kill yourself."
Not exactly constructive.

Yay, humour.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

"Please kill yourself."
Not exactly constructive.

Uh, do you believe everything you read? The idea is to to present something (like the above phrase) so ridiculously exaggerated that it's humorous and still effectively delivers a point (your site needs work, in this case). It's called hyperbole. Did you really think I was suggesting that he commit suicide based only on his web site? Try to be less incompetent next time.

Assmaster said:

Try to be less incompetent next time.

hahahahahha....

Ichor said:

The site isn't working at all now.

That's to save us the time of ridiculing it.

I like the style. Very cool. And I'm not so much in a hurry that my burrito may be burning in the microwave that I feel the need to bitch about the load time.