Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

spyware and the world

how does the rest of the world view spyware? i am sure other coutries have restrictions on it. the US i am guess have little to none.

what laws do other countries have regarding this junk?

example why is gator, and many others, allowed to cause serious harm to windows based system? not to mention the security and privacy violations.

gator is very nasty, will destroy networking in windows if removed wrong or disabled at boot. slows networks down horribly too.
brother had it on his laptop. every time he got on the netwrk would lag or fail until he got off. i dont know what it was doing. maybe trying to infect the other systems, but none of the others are windows based.

They changed gator's name because everyone assiociated it with spyware and sent out c&d letters to people who called it spyware.

You can paint a pile of manure rosy red with bright green polka-dots, and spray a few cans of deodorant and perfume on it, but it will still be manure.

Planky said:

They changed gator's name because everyone assiociated it with spyware and sent out c&d letters to people who called it spyware.

its claria now, even worse. gator/claria suck. its creators need to get dead, fast

Yea fucking spyware its forever slowing down my computer and pissen me off, I'd like to kick the inventor of it in the face with a steel-toe boot.

While I will agree that it sucks, it really is not hard to get rid of with Spybot Search and destroy.

The thing is, there shouldn't be any need for such programs... Doesn't spyware violate any laws (in some countries)?

Don't forget Adaware (in my sig), it finds stuff spybot doesn't, and vice versa.

Spammers and spyware/adware/malware/scumware makers need their nads snipped off.

Mr. Chris said:

Don't forget Adaware (in my sig), it finds stuff spybot doesn't, and vice versa.

Spammers and spyware/adware/malware/scumware makers need their nads snipped off.

not snipped off, burned off. with alighter too. then have a red hot metal screw driver inserted into their penis and eyes.

yea, legal viruses is a good way to put it. however as of late i have seen spyware screw things up far more than many viruses. infact almost all the damage i have repaired on other peope's systems has been related to spyware

Cruel and unusual punishment is detestable. Mercy should be a more common virtue. The only punishment that is necessary is enough to protect the rest of us from their crimes. Fines usually provide enough incentive to stop shady entrepreneurs from doing what they do.

I guess the trick is getting somebody to fine them for being asshats.

It's called "hacker grade software utilities."

I don't hack, or make viruses (I don't want to land my ass in jail, because I feel so cool that i t4l|< 1l3|< 7|-|l5) but I still have books on hacking (know the enemy) and a bunch of crackers, encryptors and anti-virus stuff.

I just don't know why Spyware or adware or viruses were made in the first place, I mean, who would want to create something that just ruins many people's happiness? :(

A world without them, would be like a bowl of cherries without seeds. :D