Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sir Sapo

Sprite Alignment Issues

I am making a 1990's era WAD and so i have made some weapons sprite modifications. I turned the plasma rifle into an AK-47 and put it into my WAD using WinTex. However, whenever I play the wad and pick up the plasma rifle, the sprite is aligned to the far top left, even though it is centered in the picture in WinTex. Anyone know what the problem is and how to correct it?

You can't base it off what it looks like in the wintex window. You have to click the gun alignment button, and that will align it to the bottom of the screen. After that, it will take small adjustments back and forth in wintex to get it to look just right. Don't forget to hit apply too.

Also... why the Plasmagun for an AK47? Projectile weapons never work well as a bullet firing gun (Well... not usually ;)

I used the plasma because I felt like making the plasma rounds into tracers as an experiment and it looked pretty cool, but i porbably wont use the plasma for an AK or something when i get the alignment right.

Using the plasma gun as a bullet weapon WOULD work, but you'd need to do 2 things. 1.) use ZDooM, since it fixed the problem with fast projectiles. 2.) Dehacked the Projectile to travel at something like 200 so that it is INCREDIBLY fast... plus change the Clipping bounds to 1,1 or 2,2 or somthing small. Hmm... this would be rather cool actually if it worked correctly.

Scuba Steve said:

Using the plasma gun as a bullet weapon WOULD work, but you'd need to do 2 things. 1.) use ZDooM, since it fixed the problem with fast projectiles. 2.) Dehacked the Projectile to travel at something like 200 so that it is INCREDIBLY fast... plus change the Clipping bounds to 1,1 or 2,2 or somthing small. Hmm... this would be rather cool actually if it worked correctly.

heh, that's so crazy it just might work! now if someone would only fini- er, try it

Ya, the only thing that i can find that would look wierd is if the angle of the gun makes it look like the shots might be going off straight, but the gun sprite is shaped so that the rounds should be going from a different part of the screen, but i guess I could just make the gun like the original doom guns and place it straight. Whatever i am blabbing along about nothing.