Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cycloid

running catacombs under win 98

if i try catacombs 3d or catacomb apocalypse under windows it seems to run ok but i can only see the top 1/3rd of the screen and it's off the bottom. my guess is that it's jumping into some freaky old old old ega screenmode that gfx card and monitor can only "nearly" handle

thoughts?

Are you running it in win98, or dos mode?

you'll have better luck in dos mode. Your monitor should be able to handle low res - unless it's a tft flatscreen.

just under win98, i'd like to be able to double click a shortcut and play, not reboot in dos mode (this is why i cant handle linux, too much typing not enough drag-and-drop-ing!)

have you tried setting your desktop to 16-bit SVGA at something low like 640x480 res. before you start the game?

it doesnt help as it jumps to full screen anyway. CatAp: run start.exe and it appears in a window, hit 6 to start game and it becomes full screen, the intro screens are there ok. but when you actually start playing the game game it's off the bottom of the screen

Hey, where can I get a copy of "Catacombs?" I have some old floppies that don't load up anymore, and it's not available on the id site.